is this db ok?

my set up isint in any way turn for spl, is my daily, eq for daily, box tune for daily bugdet for daily lol.... i just ask to know if its bad, good or very good for a daily set up like mine... shure if i want to go spl route i do a differente thing and off corse i wil not go to spl with 2 400 rms 12" lol

but damm that dream sounds really nice to me to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

back to reality, i just mesured cuz i got the chance to do it (for free lol)(termlab here is a easy thing to find), and i got curiouse cuz my system sound way louder than the usual 2 12" set up that i see around on daily´s... and i see that there cuz at the end of the comp e see some people testing there sistem just for kick´s and they wore all around 126 to 128 db with 2 12"

my set up isint in any way turn for spl, is my daily, eq for daily, box tune for daily bugdet for daily lol.... i just ask to know if its bad, good or very good for a daily set up like mine... shure if i want to go spl route i do a differente thing and off corse i wil not go to spl with 2 400 rms 12" lol
but damm that dream sounds really nice to me to //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

back to reality, i just mesured cuz i got the chance to do it (for free lol)(termlab here is a easy thing to find), and i got curiouse cuz my system sound way louder than the usual 2 12" set up that i see around on daily´s... and i see that there cuz at the end of the comp e see some people testing there sistem just for kick´s and they wore all around 126 to 128 db with 2 12"
are the others using sealed box?

Heres the thing.. Are YOU happy with how loud you are atm?? If so, walk away and retain happiness regardless of numbers lol. Otherwise, there is a bug that might bite you, and the only relief is a higher number.. Gotta be the LOUDER..
Long story short, youll attend more and more car shows, buy 4 Sundown zv5 subs, 2 4k amps wired at .5 ohm, tons of batteries/ capacitors/ HO alt, and wall it off b pillar. cost?? maybe 6-8K lol

Wait, i think thats a dream i had??
we have guy on here that lives in my town like that.. he metered 139.9db, hasn't stopped since.. he won like 21 comps last season (he holds the title and an actual belt) with 1 dc 15 and then 2 12's on 4k rms in a civic 150db, now he has 4 12's in small suv..

Only way to know is to do a sweep.
dcd89571f39383aa47fe3dfbc20b1ac6.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

are the others using sealed box?
dont know just took a pic on the entery form e see "sub size: 12" - quant: 2" i was able to see this on 2 cars...

it was ranning and i mess up my feet i have a cast and all and they wore kind to give a seat there on the side of the table till get to my time to measure

we have guy on here that lives in my town like that.. he metered 139.9db, hasn't stopped since.. he won like 21 comps last season (he holds the title and an actual belt) with 1 dc 15 and then 2 12's on 4k rms in a civic 150db, now he has 4 12's in small suv..
i talk with the guy that was setting up the mic, and ask if my num wore ok for gear o get a idea of my system and the guy laugh and told me "2 400rms 12" in your big a$$ "train", is a nice number" after a bit he come to me and told me "i like to see your system in a small hatch, that would be a realy nice num..."

my car as like close 5 meters long, i know is not big to US standers but here on europe for a car is kind on the big side, bigger than this just small SUV

Mic determine spl of low freq by phase actually. And FR response barely changes at diff spl other than comb filtering and near x/o or natural roll off
so you think an average user who reads your post and uses their cell phone microphone will get accurate results?

i talk with the guy that was setting up the mic, and ask if my num wore ok for gear o get a idea of my system and the guy laugh and told me "2 400rms 12" in your big a$$ "train", is a nice number" after a bit he come to me and told me "i like to see your system in a small hatch, that would be a realy nice num..."
my car as like close 5 meters long, i know is not big to US standers but here on europe for a car is kind on the big side, bigger than this just small SUV
Bigger cars have lower peak cabin freq, around 25-40hz
Smaller cars have bigger. Around 50hz

so you think an average user who reads your post and uses their cell phone microphone will get accurate results?
Not sure tbh but its worth a try. I know there is a fairly cheap aux mic out there that they could use with REW

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

-------

-------
Portugal (europe)
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
wew lad