Is this a good ground?

Lol arnt they like $1 at walmart?
Try an auto parts store. Idk about your walmart, but mine only sells ring terminals up to 10 gauge. I know for a fact that autozone has 4 gauge ring terms.

Yes, OEM is the stock part. instead of having the speaker wire go into the head unit, extend them to be able to reach your amp
Ok so i finally got the HU out without the tool -_-. But there like 20 different colored wires? I notices some of them say "front positive" or "rear negative" so do i just cut those ones in half then attach new speaker wire to them and run it to my amp? So i just leave the cut in half wire plugged into the HU? Also, im gona have to go buy more speaker wire, but does it matter what size? Like does it have to be the same gauge as the old speaker wire im attaching it too?

The wire that comes form the wire harness and would otherwise be hooked up to the hu would go to the corresponding place on your amp. for example, run a speaker wire (14 or 16 gauge is fine) from the left + and - wire, off the wire harness for the left front, to the L speaker output on the amp.

Make sure your polarities are correct, no shame in triple checking... better than hearing cancellation when its all said and done.

The wire that comes form the wire harness and would otherwise be hooked up to the hu would go to the corresponding place on your amp. for example, run a speaker wire (14 or 16 gauge is fine) from the left + and - wire, off the wire harness for the left front, to the L speaker output on the amp.
Make sure your polarities are correct, no shame in triple checking... better than hearing cancellation when its all said and done.
Well, of to the store again... I minus well have just paid to have this done after all the time,money and gas i spent getting the supllies... lol

Well, of to the store again... I minus well have just paid to have this done after all the time,money and gas i spent getting the supllies... lol
not true... you are gaining experience that you will appreciate in the future. trust me on that. you would just end up paying someone over and over if you weren't learning it yourself.

Or you could whine about it and throw a fit I guess haha. All the wires are labeled on the HU harness, so they'll tell you what they do. And you match them up to the same colored wire. It's like, connect the dots. I wouldn't cut the wire in half though. Just untwist it or cut it off where it's connected. Try to find some speaker wire that's either 16 gauge or 14 gauge, that should suffice. And I certainly wouldn't be buying any supplies from WalMart.

Or you could whine about it and throw a fit I guess haha. All the wires are labeled on the HU harness, so they'll tell you what they do. And you match them up to the same colored wire. It's like, connect the dots. I wouldn't cut the wire in half though. Just untwist it or cut it off where it's connected. Try to find some speaker wire that's either 16 gauge or 14 gauge, that should suffice. And I certainly wouldn't be buying any supplies from WalMart.
yeah i tryed all this but i would rather whine about it so ill pay to have it done idgaf

ok, so it goes Speaker>speakerwire>amp?
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

Indeed! haha. Could you imagine it going any other way? :p speaker wire connects the speakers to the amp.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

old thread but if the thread started comes back in......this audio thing is a learning process. it starts doing those stupid things to learn and hope nothing bad happens. im coming from using boss amps and 5x7 coaxial speakers that i thought were awesome. if you continue to read and take things slow, you will eventually get to a point where you have a good general understanding of how things work. i too have made grounds using no ring terminal. ive ran wires down my car that were not very hidden. ive had amps in my car that was not secured.

not that im anywhere close to being extremely competent with car audio. im still not sure how to do a BIG 3. Im starting to learn to go ACTIVE and just now learning frequency and all those things. for the first time i sealed and deaden my car's doors. the bass reproduction is incredible because of that.

just continue to read and ask questions. i've been messing around with car audio for over 10 years now and based on reading this site, i still have ALOT to learn.

car audio addiction is like any other addiction. just enjoy while you learn.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.