Is this a good ground?

It's got CARPET between the metal and the metal is trying to ground to. How could anyone think this would be helpful?! And it looks like it's 10 gauge.. and where's he plan on running that to?
@stay_high you clearly lack any common sense necessary to install a system. Good luck bro. Go smoke more weed.

[quote name='TheUnderFighter']It's got CARPET between the metal and the metal is trying to ground to. How could anyone think this would be helpful?! And it looks like it's 10 gauge.. and where's he plan on running that to?
@stay_high you clearly lack any common sense necessary to install a system. Good luck bro. Go smoke more weed.[/QUOTE]

And he's just got the wire sort of stuffed in there. :fyi:

But it's still really small wire and looks like it's probably over 9,000 feet long. Bad idea.
Minus the fact he did it on the seat bolt, the wire really only goes as far as you see on the floor (maybe 3-5feet) the extra wire on top looks to be AUX wire.

Minus the fact he did it on the seat bolt, the wire really only goes as far as you see on the floor (maybe 3-5feet) the extra wire on top looks to be AUX wire.
You're right, I didn't notice that you could see the other end of the wire(I thought it went off of the image).

alright people chill out haha. Im sorry im grounded there. I have never hooked the wire up to an amp i just screwed it in there and took a pic to ask you guys if its a good ground. Also i was planing on shortening the wire before i connected it to the amp. I found a better spot (part of the frame) i sanded the paint off too. Im new too this stuff and yes im in high school but most kids in my school woudnt even go as far as posting on this site they would just hook that **** up and blow there amp haha.

[quote name='TheUnderFighter']It's got CARPET between the metal and the metal is trying to ground to. How could anyone think this would be helpful?! And it looks like it's 10 gauge.. and where's he plan on running that to?
@stay_high you clearly lack any common sense necessary to install a system. Good luck bro. Go smoke more weed.[/QUOTE]

Its 8 gauge but so watt? Im gona run a small amp for my door speakers off of it... I plan on putting the amp under the seat and shortening the wire. In that pic i just screwed it in and took a pic to post it on here. But i think i might go smoke some more weed =]

idk if any one will come back to this thread, but i dont wana make another one. How do i remove my aftermarket HU without the removal key thing it came with? Also, when i hook up the speaker wire to the amp from my door speakers do i just run the speaker wire out of the door panel? Woudnt that look sloppy?

idk if any one will come back to this thread, but i dont wana make another one. How do i remove my aftermarket HU without the removal key thing it came with? Also, when i hook up the speaker wire to the amp from my door speakers do i just run the speaker wire out of the door panel? Woudnt that look sloppy?
you could just use the speaker wire thats already there, hook up the new speakers, and run the speaker wires from behind the deck to your new amp. just tuck away the speaker wire underneath your panels like you would do for power wire. Im not sure if that made sence...

Its 8 gauge but so watt? Im gona run a small amp for my door speakers off of it... I plan on putting the amp under the seat and shortening the wire. In that pic i just screwed it in and took a pic to post it on here. But i think i might go smoke some more weed =]
8 gauge is fine then, I thought it looked smaller. You're learning man, and you're not getting butthurt by our asshole comments, so you're off to a good start.

I used some long flat knives... slender butter knives or pocket knives

you could just use the speaker wire thats already there, hook up the new speakers, and run the speaker wires from behind the deck to your new amp. just tuck away the speaker wire underneath your panels like you would do for power wire. Im not sure if that made sence...
And that made sense to me, because I was gonna suggest the same thing :p

Connect your new speakers to the same wire the older speakers were. Then, at the wiring harness where you connect the OEM wires to your aftermarket harness' wires, don't do that. Instead, connect the OEM wires to your new speaker wires, then run those to the amp. That's the easiest way of doing it. Otherwise you gotta go through the door jamb, and curse a lot, and get your hands cut up, and break down in tears, and break a lot of things before you get it done.

Otherwise you gotta go through the door jamb, and curse a lot, and get your hands cut up, and break down in tears, and break a lot of things before you get it done.
True that. I ended up tearing both of them up by the time I was done, you know, three hours after I started. I was probably more worked up than I've ever been while dealing with stuff like this.

For this, I typically remove the whole dash kit with the deck in in place.

Wait wait wait. Im confused. I already got my new door speakers in. I thought they were just connected to the back of the HU? So i could just unplug em from there and connect them to the amp? right? IDK WHAT THIS OEM WIRE STUFF IS

For this, I typically remove the whole dash kit with the deck in in place.
hhmm. Thats hard to do in my car. 08 ford focus i had to order like a $60 dollar dash kit and ended up just paying an audio shop to do it for me lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.