Is this a good ground?

True that. I ended up tearing both of them up by the time I was done, you know, three hours after I started. I was probably more worked up than I've ever been while dealing with stuff like this.
By far, it was the single most frustrating thing I've ever had to do with my car... Getting to my alt for the big 3 was pretty annoying, but this was loads worse. I tore up my hands, and I tore up the harness, I ended up breaking them to get them out. Some people say its not that hard, I say they're crazy. Maybe if I could have taken my doors off. Or maybe their doors aren't as hard to work with... mine were a nightmare haha. I was up until 6 in the morning doing it one time.

Wait wait wait. Im confused. I already got my new door speakers in. I thought they were just connected to the back of the HU? So i could just unplug em from there and connect them to the amp? right? IDK WHAT THIS OEM WIRE STUFF IS
OEM is the Factory wire. Use the old speaker wire and connect it to the new speaker, then connect the new wire to the old wire at the harness and connect the new wire to the amp.

hhmm. Thats hard to do in my car. 08 ford focus i had to order like a $60 dollar dash kit and ended up just paying an audio shop to do it for me lol
Some online store give free dash kit with new HU.

Learn how to add multiple quote to a post.

Wait wait wait. Im confused. I already got my new door speakers in. I thought they were just connected to the back of the HU? So i could just unplug em from there and connect them to the amp? right? IDK WHAT THIS OEM WIRE STUFF IS
Cool your speakers are already hooked up.

So yea, where you connect the factory harness to your aftermarket HU, instead... connect it to the new speaker wires going to the amp.

Cool your speakers are already hooked up.So yea, where you connect the factory harness to your aftermarket HU, instead... connect it to the new speaker wires going to the amp.
ok, so it goes Speaker>speakerwire>amp?

Indeed! haha. Could you imagine it going any other way? :p speaker wire connects the speakers to the amp.
Haha i just like to be sure. was kinda confused when someone said factory harness wires to HU to new speaker wire to amp or whatever. But thanks everyone. The instalation is like halfway done. Got the ground wire done, and the ran the power wire from the battery to the trunk (putin the amp in my trunk now). So ill be finishing it up tomoro! I really hope its a more balanced system now. I have 2 12 inch aq sdc runing 1500rms in a big *** ported box and its all you can hear at the moment haha. Used to like it like that just cuz it was loud and i could **** people off but idk getting tired off it i guess. and probably growing up some =P

Yes, OEM is the stock part. instead of having the speaker wire go into the head unit, extend them to be able to reach your amp

OK so is it alright if i grounded with out a "ring terminal"? i dont have wire krimpers so i tryed to crymp it with some pliers which broke the terminal.... I found a good spot to ground tho and scraped the paint of so can i just ground the bare wire there? No terminal or nothing. Just unscrewed a bolt on the frame and screwed back down on top of the wire like i did in the first picture.

OK so is it alright if i grounded with out a "ring terminal"? i dont have wire krimpers so i tryed to crymp it with some pliers which broke the terminal.... I found a good spot to ground tho and scraped the paint of so can i just ground the bare wire there? No terminal or nothing.
No.

Don't mind these elitests I've grounded to my seat belt bolt for the last 4 years and never had a problem... It's PERFECTLY FINE.

Also YES please get a terminal in the very least... People prefer grounding to the front or rear battery or to a direct chassis but the seat belt bolt goes to the chassis and I've measured if VIA dmm and it was fine. Anyone who says it's bad is just a bandwaggon rider that "thinks" it's for high school kids.

Go outside relocated the ground to a seat belt bolt and measure it on a DMM tell me it makes a difference with pictures as proof. Other than that stfu about that crap.

Don't mind these elitests I've grounded to my seat belt bolt for the last 4 years and never had a problem... It's PERFECTLY FINE.
Also YES please get a terminal in the very least... People prefer grounding to the front or rear battery or to a direct chassis but the seat belt bolt goes to the chassis and I've measured if VIA dmm and it was fine. Anyone who says it's bad is just a bandwaggon rider that "thinks" it's for high school kids.

Go outside relocated the ground to a seat belt bolt and measure it on a DMM tell me it makes a difference with pictures as proof. Other than that stfu about that crap.
Well, i found a better spot anyways. But i only have these like half ring terminals. IDK how to describe it but instead of the whole ring.... it half a circle... haha. Can i use that?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.