Is this a good box for Audioque hd3 12"s?

bad @SS chevy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
ohio
i've heard that subwoofertools is not very accurate. The 40hz tuning might be better for the HD3 though. But i'm just basing this on hearsay anyway //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i just want to know if there will be THAT big of a difference in building a new box... If there will be little difference then i wont even mess with it...

lol, i just realized this is for 2 12s, perhaps it's better to go bigger. But i wouldn't use the subwoofertools plan tho. Check out the REaudio calculator to see what you get.
I've always heard vise versa... that RE's calculator was the one that was off?

Box seems a little big on the port area for daily. Only need 16^2 per cube per AQ.

I've used Subwoofertools for tons of boxes and never had an issue. I used to check it against other programs or work up the box by hand and it was always right on or VERY close...

well these are the recomended specs from DJ / audioque

"""""12's like 1.7-2.5 net ported 35-40 Hz., 14-16 sq" of port area per net cubic foot of box volume. The 12" displaces .18"""""""""

its definantly going into a daily driver..... is 105 sq.inches overkill???

My specs are 36 w- 16 t- 26 deep. If anyone has the time to help me out, and do me up a box design that would be nice.. I have a lil bit in my paypal..

My specs are 36 w- 16 t- 26 deep. If anyone has the time to help me out, and do me up a box design that would be nice.. I have a lil bit in my paypal..
The 4.8 box is fine but reduce the port area to 76 sq" and the port length to 16-18"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.