im building a box right now and i need help with a measurment!

alwaysontop
10+ year member

Ohio
okay so this is my box

l_a2e80516ec74ff7dd1547d64e183921f.jpg

it is 2.3 cubic feet per sub tuned to 32 hz now how do i find the depth measurment!?? please help with my ignorance about building boxes

i was looking at your numbers and something seems off.....

you have a total length of 31" (on the back of the pic)

you have 13.125 + .13.125 + .75 + .75 + .75 which would be 28.5 on the front

31 - 28.5 = 2.5.

that would leave 2.5/2 = 1.25 for the total port width of each side.

but if you measure the length of your port wall 16 + .75 = 16.75

and the length of the center port wall you get 19.75 - 16.75 = 3" opening

you sould have a 6.75" (including the divider) port opening on the front of the box....not 2.5+.75 - 3.25

if the divider was not in between the ports you would be a lot closer to what you need to be....3 open to each chamber and 6 at the front of the box....i think it was made a little backwards....unless i'm missing something....

I only get a 2.5 inch opening at the beginning of the port, but you're right about it being off.

Also, if you're going to use the port divider in the center it should be 19.25" long, not 19.75".

i was looking at your numbers and something seems off.....
you have a total length of 31" (on the back of the pic)

you have 13.125 + .13.125 + .75 + .75 + .75 which would be 28.5 on the front

31 - 28.5 = 2.5.

that would leave 2.5/2 = 1.25 for the total port width of each side.

you sould have a 6.75" (including the divider) port opening on the front of the box....not 2.5+.75 - 3.25

if the divider was not in between the ports you would be a lot closer to what you need to be....3 open to each chamber and 6 at the front of the box....i think it was made a little backwards....unless i'm missing something....

well you obviously know what your talking about so is there any way you could design a box for me just the measurements. i know how to build them i just dontk now how to make them sound good i have two kicker comp VR's and if there is an way you could let me know

well you obviously know what your talking about so is there any way you could design a box for me just the measurements. i know how to build them i just dontk now how to make them sound good i have two kicker comp VR's and if there is an way you could let me know
i can...what size are they and how much power will you be feeding them? i personally would put a single port on one side though...lmk if thats ok, or if you really wanted it in the center. also do you have any measurement restrictions? i sould be able to make it pretty close to the size you have if needed.

i can...what size are they and how much power will you be feeding them? i personally would put a single port on one side though...lmk if thats ok, or if you really wanted it in the center. also do you have any measurement restrictions? i sould be able to make it pretty close to the size you have if needed.

they are kicker 12's and im feeding around 1500 watts i really want it in the center but all i really want to do is make these subs sound good and loud.

and my restrictions are 13" height for width 35 max would like it to be smaller though and as for depth it doesnt really matter.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.