is this 1 ohm?

on 2 D4 subs, if the +'s and -'s of one go to one set of + and - on the amp, and the +'s and -'s on the other sub go to the other set of + and - on the amp, is this still one ohm?
All positives connect and all negatives connect. So connect both positive on each speaker. Then connect one positive from one speaker to one positive on the other. Now run a wire from that positive to the amp.

Repeat process for negatives.

Heres a little pic ..

1zb9n9z.gif

on 2 D4 subs, if the +'s and -'s of one go to one set of + and - on the amp, and the +'s and -'s on the other sub go to the other set of + and - on the amp, is this still one ohm?
you're getting 2 ohm loads. IF your amp is a monoblock amp, it should see 1 ohm. (the 2 speaker terminals are parallelled on the amp unless stated differently.) If it is a 2 ch amp, read the manual to see if it is 1 ohm stable and there should be diagrams in the manual and, MOST OF THE TIME, on the amp.

G/L

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.