is there anything you dont like on the 80prs ? and setup ?

My only thing is you cant mute audio easily, you gotta go into menus to get to it. Also true about the bass settings causing early clipping. I dont have any display or face plate problems but only at 149 db so far lol. As far as volume knob goes its weird cuz if you turn it fast it goes slow and if you turn it slow it controls vol fast ? kinda back azzward esp with no easy mute function. So just try turning knob very slowly which is hard when something goes wrong and you need to turn it down quick lol- like your amp busts out in flames ha ha !

I just wished the auto EQ left the 20hz, 31hz 50hz and 80hz alone
I leared also auto eq will boost those into clipping at higher volume too so you gotta recheck with scope after you get it all set to make sure of your true safe vol level. Atleast on mine.

I leared also auto eq will boost those into clipping at higher volume too so you gotta recheck with scope after you get it all set to make sure of your true safe vol level. Atleast on mine.
I just have the auto EQ off for bass demos and use my own EQ curve for bass demos. I have an SQ demo/daily preset and an SPL demo custom preset

how the vacation going???having a good time..

well my 80prs should be here any time.

then can get this switch out.
Haha going good. I'm actually gonna be doing a huge install for a friend here at the end of this week. All this Audio work I've been doing out here makes me even more excited to return to and upgrade my own setup lol.

that cool.

glad your having a good time.

and just got my 80prs in...

now just need to pull your radio out so i can install this one.

ill keep you informed of the pull and shipping.

thanks.

ok guys,
i have the h/u now and been looking it over, reading the manual, looking up youtub vids..

but im confused about the std/nw switch.
@Jeffdacef
you said i should use it in std mode.
why is that?
why can i use the nw mode ?

sorry i just cant rap my head around this...

also the rca switch on the bottom..

is that for the rca INPUT ? and not the rca output like rca going to amps.

thanks..

[quote name='big scott']ok guys,
i have the h/u now and been looking it over, reading the manual, looking up youtub vids..

but im confused about the std/nw switch.
@Jeffdacef
you said i should use it in std mode.
why is that?
why can i use the nw mode ?

sorry i just cant rap my head around this...

also the rca switch on the bottom..

is that for the rca INPUT ? and not the rca output like rca going to amps.

thanks..[/QUOTE]

network mode only allows 2 way + sub. mid low and high

Standard gives you all the standard tuning options while you run all your crossovers on your amps and let your setup like how you normally use it. Get a feel for the head unit before switching to network or else you'll get a headache.

rca switch is high and low voltage
High is for when you are using the internal amp, low is for external amps

network mode only allows 2 way + sub. mid low and high
Standard gives you all the standard tuning options while you run all your crossovers on your amps and let your setup like how you normally use it. Get a feel for the head unit before switching to network or else you'll get a headache.

rca switch is high and low voltage

High is for when you are using the internal amp, low is for external amps
o ok, see i must have read wrong as i was thinking the nw was a 3-way thats why i could not figure out why i would do std.

ok so ill do the std, keep all my amp crossover were they are.

ok now the the rca....

being that im not going to use the internal amp i should have that switch to the low setting.

i have not seen this yet, but can i turn off the internal amp ?

boy cant wait to install it.

just want to make sure i get the those 2 settings right so i dont have to pull it out...

o another ?

i know it will do ipod/ i phone but can i hook up a ipad mini using the pioneer ipad cable ?

as i want to get a ipad mini. was going to do a tab2 tablet but i think im just going to do the mini.

o ok, see i must have read wrong as i was thinking the nw was a 3-way thats why i could not figure out why i would do std.
ok so ill do the std, keep all my amp crossover were they are.

ok now the the rca....

being that im not going to use the internal amp i should have that switch to the low setting.

i have not seen this yet, but can i turn off the internal amp ?

boy cant wait to install it.

just want to make sure i get the those 2 settings right so i dont have to pull it out...

o another ?

i know it will do ipod/ i phone but can i hook up a ipad mini using the pioneer ipad cable ?

as i want to get a ipad mini. was going to do a tab2 tablet but i think im just going to do the mini.
I'm not an apple person so I have not use any apple connections so I'm not sure there, i'm pretty sure it should work as intended with all apple products that can use the cable.

internal amp is in the options.

ok ya found how to turn off the internal amp.

i like that as my alpine h/u could do that.

and did notice a difference in sound quality.

ok im getting there.

nice thing theres only what 5 wires to hook up.

ill be switching them tomorrow.

Mine seems to read correctly, within a 10th of a volt anyways. And for anyone having bluetooth issues with apple devices, there's a firmware update that solved my problems. And you don't have to use a windows 7 pc like pioneer states to run the update...just FYI.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.