Is there a louder sub then this for the price?

Why? I mean if I am cranking 1500 watts to this *****, it will get loud no matter what. I like sealed, way simpler and sound better.

I have no experience with this sub but based on the T/S parameters listed on ebay the sub's efficiency bandwidth product suggests it should work fine in a sealed box.. I'd varify the params and winisd it before you make your final decision..

Why? I mean if I am cranking 1500 watts to this *****, it will get loud no matter what. I like sealed, way simpler and sound better.
I used to be a die hard sealed guy also. But after researching the benfits and efficiency of ported (if its built correctly) the best option is clearly ported. I now have an RE SX10 ported in my truck and it rocks! All the hype that you hear about ported being sloppy and hurting sound quality is only true of ported boxes being built incorrectly, and having subs thrown in prefab ported cabs. I will go ported now in all my rides when its possible. DD has a good write up on there web site as to why ported is better. From smooth jazz - to speed metal, my ported box sounds tremendously better than the sealed setup I had.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.