is the cutout hole the same?

Participant count
  • Participant list
Nope. I thought they were until I tried to swap my L5s to my new L7s. The L7s cutout hole is bigger.

L7 cutout is 14 1/16"

L5 cutout is 13 3/4"

o what did you do just get a new box or sanded it down? because my bro might wants to upgrade his L5 to an L7
my box in my trunk I tried sanding down but the box wasn't tall enough for the L7 to fit. Then in my wall I just sanded it down until I built my new wall.

But as long as you have enough room sanding it down would be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

I would figure it out like it were a 9" round subwoofer. They would have about the same cone area.
I have dealt with several blow through sub setups over the years. Forget just trying to extend the port into the cab. All that you will hear in...
You're probably right. I have two Taramps smart 3 amps and four 10 inch CT sounds tropo for bass. I'm actually going to only install one of the...
Thanks a ton for your suggestion to my rather long query, I ll follow it and see how it works out. Thanks again
To add the tv, I got a second deep cycle battery, ran thick cable from my starter battery to the deep cycle battery(or you can run to a dc to dc...

About this thread

Orio5

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
Orio5
Belvidere, IL.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date