Is Sound Ordinance a good brand? Looking for a 4 channel at least 50 rms per channel.

Participant count
  • Participant list

joelx21
10+ year member

So Cal
I have the chance to get a brand new Sound Ordnance M-4075 for $94.99 shipped

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777M4075/Sound-Ordnance-M-4075.html?tp=115

Currently I have a 10 inch Alpine Type R in a stealth box powered by an Alpine MRD 605 @ 600rms.

I'm going to use the 4 channel amp to power two door 6.5 component speakers at around 50-75 watts rms.

I also have the chance to get a 2 channel Sound Ordinance Amp with 75 watts rms per channel for $54 shipped, but I might add two more speakers in the near future and I might need the extra two channels.

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_777M2100/Sound-Ordnance-M-2100.html?tp=115

I'm not looking to win any competitions. I just want something that will nicely compliment the bass that's coming from the Type R.

Sound Ordnance M-4075

• 4-channel car amplifier
  • 75 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (140 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
  • 240 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable bridged)
  • variable high-pass filter (80-2K Hz, 12 dB/octave)
  • variable low-pass filter (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
  • selectable bass boost (0, 6, and 12 dB)
  • PWM (pulse width modulation) power supply with MOSFET output
  • preamp inputs and outputs
  • fuse rating: 30A x 2

Sound Ordinance may not be the best of the best, but for the price, would that be a good option for me?

Thanks,

Joel

Last edited by a moderator:
you've been here since 2011 you shouldnt be asking this
I see where you're coming from, but I am far from an expert when it comes to the world of car audio.

From time to time, when I have a question about car audio, I log on and ask. This website has a wealth of knowledge, so why not ask?

Any feedback on the amps?

I see where you're coming from, but I am far from an expert when it comes to the world of car audio. From time to time, when I have a question about car audio, I log on and ask. This website has a wealth of knowledge, so why not ask?

Any feedback on the amps?
i would use them. but i havent seen one since they came out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.