Is my Type-R getting quiet on me?

BIGxCountry
10+ year member

Nar Nar
Hey, so I have been getting into the whole car audio scene, I am not one to want the LOUDEST thing on earth but I want something with great SQ. Also, I want to be able to crank it up if I feel like it. That being said.... I had 2 sony xplode 10"s in my truck with a 1200 watt amp powering them and I sold them to a friend of mine and bought one alpine type R 10" sub powered by a Alpine MRP-M500 mono-channel amp. (so I could have some back seat)

Now to the question:

I hooked everything up, I have a 1800 watt wiring kit hooked up to the amp. I listened to it for a while and I guess I broke it in properly but it seems like it is not as loud as it was a few days ago. I have messed with the eq and slammed the bass all the way up (for a few seconds) and it dosent seem to be 1/2 as loud as it was before. The sub is only 2 weeks old.

Help if you can.

did it get colder.......
Yea, the weather has been changing alot around her it went from 70 to 25. (f)

yeah your probably just getting used to it, my subs used to kill my ears and then it was just like eh its alright. but when other people got in there like wtf how do you drive with this the whole time
True, I sorta was thing about that but my 2 sony's would hurt my ears after a while. I am a drummer too. I'm just trying to destroy my ears.

i notice when its balls ass cold outside my amp fan makes weird noises but quits after like 5 mins, i havent noticed a difference in the sound tho although my 18 doesnt seem loud to me anymore, think im getin used to it

got it from bestbuy
That could be part of the problem right there ^^^ prefabs = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

If you put the R in a properly designed custom enclosure, it should be just as loud if not louder than the Xpoops

1.75 cubes @ 35 hz should be about right for that sub

That could be part of the problem right there ^^^ prefabs = //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
If you put the R in a properly designed custom enclosure, it should be just as loud if not louder than the Xpoops

1.75 cubes @ 35 hz should be about right for that sub
how would that account for them getting quieter? yes custom boxes are better but thats not the problem here

how would that account for them getting quieter? yes custom boxes are better but thats not the problem here
Ahhh, I mistook "1/2 as loud as it was before" as a comparison to his previous setup......my bad

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.