Is my box good?

Hydrogen

Hey guys, soon I'll be getting the Ground Zero GZRW 12D2 (2x 2Ohm)

I'm thinking of building a flat response box for it tuned at 28Hz which is quite low but it provides a very nice flat response,
whKD3yb.png

The box is pretty large: 2.5 cubes for the subwoofer, tuned to 28Hz.

The subwoofer is 800W RMS but the amplifier I have is 400W, which is not too bad, I can upgrade it later.

FS 28.4 Hz

Effective Xmax 45 mm / 1.77“

SPL 85.7 dB

Do you think the box that I'll be building will suit the sub well? Should I tune it higher? (I want the lows and the slightly higher freqs playing without too much peaks)

Thanks for the reply, I mainly listen to rap, decaf and that type of music which has really low frequencies 24-36Hz that's why I tuned it so low that it all sounds equal. 2.5cubes is quite a lot and I'm thinking maybe I could make the box bigger and make it slightly louder at the lower frequencies.

How big of a box can I have with this 12"?

You can go 3 cubes. If it's to big cut a bit of power off it. It will be more efficient. You have to think even decaf has bass lines in the higher range also. You don't want bottom bloat then fall on it's gave up top.

You will also need to take cabin gains into account. I highly suggest doing a round port like a sono tube or similar so you can adjust tuning later without to much trouble. You will also need to make sure you have enough port area as well. Is your box volume before or after all displacement.

You will also need to take cabin gains into account. I highly suggest doing a round port like a sono tube or similar so you can adjust tuning later without to much trouble. You will also need to make sure you have enough port area as well. Is your box volume before or after all displacement.
The box is after all displacement except the subwoofer, so let's make it 2.45 - 2.40 cubes for the subwoofer. I'm using a slot port and I don't know if I want to switch to round port, it would make me re-do the entire design again.

round port is easier in every way, idk if better but like he said u can always make it longer or shorter, and all u do is cut a hole in box.. also box can be like 1cf smaller over all cause round port doesn't take up so much room.. put that in program see what it says idk if u need 4-6" port

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.