is my amp to much for the subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
what is the rms of the subs. b/c i have a visonik 1400 and the rating they put on the amp is the max. and so your prolly puting out like somewhere in the region of 250-300 watts so your prolly not going to over power the subs. PROLLY i say.

Even if the amp is puts out too much power, you could always just turn down the gain and be alright.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

This is the reason amps have gain controls on them. Another thing to keep in mind is that it is easier to blow a speaker with less power then more. Overpowering it would be causing you some sort of distortion and you would noticeably hear it. If it was underpowered many times people then crank it to the max ignoring distortion levels and get drowned out and blow the speakers. You should be fine just as you are just if you begin to hear distortion turn down the gain or the volume one or the other. I would suggest the gain thoso it is not tempting to thurn it beyond that point and blow the speakers another day or time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.