√\_The CaUsE__
so i have a mtx 7804. its a four channel capable off

100 x 4 at 4 ohm

200 x 4 at 2 ohm

400 x 2 at 4 ohm

and then i read the online manual by MTX

it stated,

800 x 1 at 1 ohm, this blew my mind. how is this possible? if so,

can someone show me how to wire my dual voice coil sub (D2)

to this amp at 1 ohm?

i was curious. right now im running my front stage and my sub at 4 ohms, for just a little more bass.

really surprised that it stated that.

How isnt it 1 ohm stable?

That amp is not 1 ohm stable and doing so will probably kill it.

If you read the manual this is what it says...

"These amps will have eight speaker terminals: front left positive, front left negative, front right positive, front right

negative, rear left positive, rear left negative, rear right positive, and rear right negative."

• Stereo (4-channel) Connection: This configuration is typically used with full range or high frequency

speakers. Each channel can drive a minimum of a 2 ohm load.

• Front Stereo/Rear Bridged (3-channel) Connection: This configuration is typically used with full range

speakers connected to the front outputs and subwoofer(s) connected to the rear outputs. Each front channel

can drive a minimum of a 2 ohm load. The rear bridged configuration can drive a minimum of a 4 ohm load.

• Bridged (2-channel) Connection: This configuration is typically used with subwoofers. Both the front and rear

outputs can be bridged individually and each can drive a minimum of a 4 ohm load.

• Dual Mono (1-channel) Connection: This configuration is typically used with subwoofers. All channels can be

combined for max power (both the front and rear outputs can be bridged together) and can drive a minimum

of a 2 ohm load.

Car Audio Amplifiers - TA7804 | MTX Audio

tl;dr your amp can combine all 4 channels into one mono speaker output(not too many 4 channel amps can do that) and run a minimum load of 2 ohms, not 1.

i see. thanks. doing that would be irrelevant for me. i just wanted to play with what i got. overall for those who want to know about the amp, its my first MTX amp, never really thought of them as being "decent". the amp is fairly good for what it does. all the terminals are on the bottom of one side, which allows a clean look in my car, and the color efx i kind of dig honestly. at night its cool seeing color shifts on bass hits. alot of adjustments too. which im having trouble properly setting.

its just how mtx made alot of there amps....dont run it at 1 ohm unless u dont care for its life
yeah i dont plan on it. it feels alot more fragile in general than other amps ive dealt with. really miss my old RE :/

heck, even my old kicker zx 750.1 felt better made.

Generally speaking a 4 channel amp(class AB) is not as efficient at running a subwoofer as a class D amp and they often get hot especially if you like loud bass. I've used a 4 channel amp(MTX Pro504) to drive one sub with dual voice coils and while it works and sounds good it did shut off quite a few times from overheating.

But then again there are beefcake 4 channel amps like the sundown 200.4 that can run all four channels into 1 ohm and be fine...

makes sense. the difference between MTX and sundown, is well, quality. sundown is great, but i think i little overpriced.

mtx, i probably won't buy from them again.

When I see people mention how some stuff is overpriced these days, it makes me laugh. I remember buying Rockford 4 channel amps for ~$400 on closeout, locally. Same with SoundStream, Kenwood, etc in the late 90's and early 2000's. Compared to that time, stuff is CHEAP these days!

although you vouche for the old amps, at the time, car audio wasnt exactly big, and popular, so prices were be high with it being newer to everyone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.