Is my 8-Track fantasy possible?

Hello All,

First time poster here.....and this is my question.......I love to restore old cars, and currently my project is a 1978 Delta 88. The car came from the factory with a stock Delco AM radio and single rear speaker, and I have since pulled that out, and have mounted a Sonly XPLOD CD player under the dash with 4X4's in the dash and 6X9 3-ways in the rear (I do not have an amp hooked up to this system, only XM Radio through the BUS control plug).

I have recently purchased a factory correct Delco AM-FM stereo 8 track player. Is it possible to have both the Sony deck and the Delco 8 track player wired to the same speakers or will that blow something up? Any thoughts on this issue would be greatly appreciated. Thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

the Sony XPLOD has the normal positive and negative wires that run to each of the 4 speakers.... the Delco radio has the same setup, it uses a positive and negative wire to each of the 4 speakers

does your sony have an auxilary input? if so, just use a line out converter for you 8 track and that will give your 8 track rca outs, and thne just run those to your auxilary input and it will give your speakers more power then your 8 track would and also better sound quality

does your sony have an auxilary input? if so, just use a line out converter for you 8 track and that will give your 8 track rca outs, and thne just run those to your auxilary input and it will give your speakers more power then your 8 track would and also better sound quality
winner

thank you, thank you!!! well first i would like to thank the car audio gods, because without them none of this would have been possible. and i would also like to thank my family here at CA for putting up with my obsessions and allowing me the time to accomplish this. and i would also like to thank 1978Delta88, for asking the question that got me this award. and i hope im not forgetting anyone, but if i am, i am deeply sorry, and this award isnt just for me, but is for my family here at CA!!!

First off, not a replica deck, it is an actual period Delco Deck (guts and all)..........second if by "auxiliary input"...would that be the same as "BUS AUIDO IN"?? If so, those inputs are currently being used by my XM unit............also I am not very familiar with a line out converter, what exactly is that?? Thanks again for all of your suggestions........I can't wait to get back to old school crusin' with quala-sonic sound comming from an 8 track //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.