is Knu Knoise deadener worth it?

the Black is the same as their Gold
On a second look I found black deadener but nothing called black magic in their catalog, so it must have been discontinued. The Bomb is supposed to be the best (very thick), then Gold then Silver then the rest of the deadeners. Not sure where the black would fall in there as gold and silver have always had foil that is the color of their name.

I've used spectrum sludge before. It works pretty good and it's not as expensive as most deadeners. You have to let it dry for like a day or 2 though. Kinda time consuming and difficult to apply compared to just sticking on a sheet of deadener and calling a day. Good thing about it is getting into weird contours where you can't normally get to. Adds a good amount of weight.

I've used spectrum sludge before. It works pretty good and it's not as expensive as most deadeners. You have to let it dry for like a day or 2 though. Kinda time consuming and difficult to apply compared to just sticking on a sheet of deadener and calling a day. Good thing about it is getting into weird contours where you can't normally get to. Adds a good amount of weight.
how hard does it dry

On a second look I found black deadener but nothing called black magic in their catalog, so it must have been discontinued. The Bomb is supposed to be the best (very thick), then Gold then Silver then the rest of the deadeners. Not sure where the black would fall in there as gold and silver have always had foil that is the color of their name.
yeah I want to stumble upon some bomb. I heard it was the bomb (no pun intended) lol

I had a friend use that Noico brand recently and he actually likes it. No smell or sticky stuff. It's ridiculously cheap so he felt it was worth it for the price. It was like $60 for like 35 sq ft. He got the silver looking one. He was able to do his front doors and entire hatch area on his prius.

yeah I want to stumble upon some bomb. I heard it was the bomb (no pun intended) lol
Yea it looks nice. If you wanna make about a $3-5k group buy I might know a guy who could get it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I looked into it and the prices were really good on becoming a dealer but shipping costs were outrageous compared to how much stuff you got up until you spend like $20k.

I had a friend use that Noico brand recently and he actually likes it. No smell or sticky stuff. It's ridiculously cheap so he felt it was worth it for the price. It was like $60 for like 35 sq ft. He got the silver looking one. He was able to do his front doors and entire hatch area on his prius.
yep it's butyl. It's amazing for the price

how hard does it dry
Yea it dries pretty hard actually. Takes a while though. I emailed second skin and they said they recommend about 2-3 days of drying depending on how thick you put it. Works really well though for the price. I've seen many people do spectrum on their entire car on the inside with a spray gun to get a good solid feel while driving. Sludge is much thicker and stronger though for our use. They're the same product but you add another product of theirs to make it all thick and slimy.

Here's pics of how it looks. this is from my old car where the 6x9 plastic panels were.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

Yea it dries pretty hard actually. Takes a while though. I emailed second skin and they said they recommend about 2-3 days of drying depending on how thick you put it. Works really well though for the price. I've seen many people do spectrum on their entire car on the inside with a spray gun to get a good solid feel while driving. Sludge is much thicker and stronger though for our use. They're the same product but you add another product of theirs to make it all thick and slimy.
Here's pics of how it looks. this is from my old car where the 6x9 plastic panels were.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg
interesting, what benefit did you notice from doing the entire back of the panel like that? makes me think it might be a good idea. i wonder if it'd be tacky enough to use on the roof.

interesting, what benefit did you notice from doing the entire back of the panel like that? makes me think it might be a good idea. i wonder if it'd be tacky enough to use on the roof.
If you leave it alone, plastic will vibrate against metal surfaces and that particular rear deck panel is flimsy so it'll vibrate and make resonances and rattle EASILY. Adding it like that does a few things. Decoupling along with adding mass to reduce vibration and resonances.

^^ yup pretty much what jeff said. I never heard of anyone using the sludge for roof flex but I'm sure it can help. It really does harden like a rock so it could be rly beneficial if you put enough layers on. It'll def be tacky enough to stick on a roof. It just kinda looks ugly to look at if you don't cover it.

^^ yup pretty much what jeff said. I never heard of anyone using the sludge for roof flex but I'm sure it can help. It really does harden like a rock so it could be rly beneficial if you put enough layers on. It'll def be tacky enough to stick on a roof. It just kinda looks ugly to look at if you don't cover it.
well the headliner will go over it, im just concerned that the deadener wont stop the flex just slow it down lol good to hear it'll stick to the roof though, just will need to let it dry for a few days. seems easier than using wood and having to brace it for days

well the headliner will go over it, im just concerned that the deadener wont stop the flex just slow it down lol good to hear it'll stick to the roof though, just will need to let it dry for a few days. seems easier than using wood and having to brace it for days
I'm interested to find out too. Roof flex is a b1tch. Hard to say if it'll stop it completely. Might have to end up using wood afterwards anyway as that's probably the most effective aside from a stripper pole. Whenever you get around to it, post up and let us know your results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.