is Knu Knoise deadener worth it?

brafferty

CarAudio.com Elite
idaho
Im looking into added some deadener to my system this weekend when i get paid, and was told on an old forum i made awhile ago that the KNU was the best "bang for your buck" deadener. Im wondering however if it is truely a decent deadener. If so ill probably just pick up a 2 door kit of the Kolossus Edition for 60$ to get started. If you dont think this deadener is worth it, please further guide me, im looking to hopefully spend no more than 100$ to do my front doors

stinger expert roadkill 36 sq feet for less than 100. Also you'd want to use alumnium sheet metal or plastic to cover up the large gaps in the doors rather than deadener. Deadener is not a solid enough product, it still flexes when midbass plays so output is lost.

stinger expert roadkill 36 sq feet for less than 100. Also you'd want to use alumnium sheet metal or plastic to cover up the large gaps in the doors rather than deadener. Deadener is not a solid enough product, it still flexes when midbass plays so output is lost.
ill look into it! my car has a massive hole in the panel, probably 1/6th of the entire door is a hole

yeah let us know. Its supposed to be a rebadged STP atlantic deadener but i'll need a few more people backing it up before I pick it up. Price is stupid ridiculous lol.
it's not rebadged lol. The listing calls it Noico Black for some odd reason

when it comes, the packaging says STPBM36 (Black Magic 36sq ft) and it comes from STP Atlantic lol. Idk what's going on with that, but it's STP

it's not rebadged lol. The listing calls it Noico Black for some odd reason
when it comes, the packaging says STPBM36 (Black Magic 36sq ft) and it comes from STP Atlantic lol. Idk what's going on with that, but it's STP
The black deadener is their low end stuff. The Gold is what you want from StP. PS: StP Atlantic is just a distributor for StP which is based out of Russia.

As far as the Knu goes, Knu Kolossus tested the best of all standard butyl type deadeners so far in the DIYMA comparison. Going cheaper will compromise performance. Roadkill is still a solid performer, but you literally can't beat Knu Kolossus based on results. Sound Deadener Showdown tiles tested up there as well and are lighter, but quite a bit more expensive too. I used Knu on my front doors and it's crazy what a single layer did.

The black deadener is their low end stuff. The Gold is what you want from StP. PS: StP Atlantic is just a distributor for StP which is based out of Russia.
As far as the Knu goes, Knu Kolossus tested the best of all standard butyl type deadeners so far in the DIYMA comparison. Going cheaper will compromise performance. Roadkill is still a solid performer, but you literally can't beat Knu Kolossus based on results. Sound Deadener Showdown tiles tested up there as well and are lighter, but quite a bit more expensive too. I used Knu on my front doors and it's crazy what a single layer did.
the Black is the same as their Gold

well it's 100mil vs 80 mil, and the price is nearly twice the cost of the StP so as far as im concerned the cost/value is still better. if i use it and it ***** ill change my mind.

also, for that price you can buy some of this: http://www.amazon.com/Second-Skin-Luxury-Liner-Pro/dp/B00FDX6AT4/ref=pd_sim_422_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=41HTkdvt%2BfL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=18Q6QWHRHYV323ZM2Z42

and put deadener right over it

well it's 100mil vs 80 mil, and the price is nearly twice the cost of the StP so as far as im concerned the cost/value is still better. if i use it and it ***** ill change my mind.
also, for that price you can buy some of this: http://www.amazon.com/Second-Skin-Luxury-Liner-Pro/dp/B00FDX6AT4/ref=pd_sim_422_6?ie=UTF8&dpID=41HTkdvt%2BfL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=18Q6QWHRHYV323ZM2Z42

and put deadener right over it
Thickness isn't everything.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.