Is cleansweep needed?

Participant count
  • Participant list

RacingToaster
10+ year member

Hey guys,

I've been lurking around for sometime but now I have a question, I have a mazdaspeed 6 with a Bose system. Now after looking and researching i found out that the bose system does the eq adjustments at the amp. But the HU will send out a flat signal to the amp, now what I need to know is if i buy an amp would I still need something like cleansweep or could i just replace the amp since the HU is sending out a flat eq signal.

Sub stage? It has a sub outputs from the 4 channel amp going to the sub amp in the back. Also what Im trying to do, replace all the speakers and run two amps one for the cabin (door speakers) and one for the sub.

if you factory Bose system has a sub stage, the cleansweep will be useless. you'll need a unit that has summing capabilities.
I think what hes trying to say is that a bose sound system is useless. Your bose sound system can probably be bought off of ebay for $20. Therefore, its REALLY not worth it to buy a couple hundred dollar JL cleansweep.

And a flat signal is a good thing.

I would dump it if I could get a dashkit that looks and fit correctly, but also it is tied into the HVAC system and also the metra kits looks horrible. Thats why I'm trying to go this route, but yeah i agree the sound system ***** from the factory and I have 13W3 ready to go in. But I want to upgrade the rest of the system as much as I can.

i would get the metra kit however just the finish of that kit would not match the dash finish of the Speed6. Unless you know of someone who can match it for me.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.