Is $700 enough for a really nice sound system in a car?

Participant count
  • Participant list

nitinsalvi

CarAudio.com Newbie
India
I'm looking to upgrade my sound system in my car by a lot. I personally know nothing about cars, speakers, or subs - I'd probably walk into a shop saying "Hey, I have $700 to spend, what can you do for me?" Will $700 be enough for a ridiculously nice sound system? I'd have to factor in labor costs as well.

Well, he is in India. Have no idea what products are available to you there but I would assume labor costs would be minimal.

You can do it but you'll be sacrificing in some area's to make it work. I'm not sure what your goals are but this should bump plenty for the money:

HU - JVC KD-X370BTS - $80 (6Ch 4v Preouts was my main concern here)
Mid Amp - Taramps DS800x4 - $140
Front Stage - SPS-610C - Alpine 6.5" Components (Ran active on Taramps) - $100
(Rear leave empty or stock on HU power)
Sub/Amp - Skar 12" SDR complete bass package - $329 (Let the flaming begin)

That is pretty much what I'd do to max out $700 for a friend. Slight modifications could be made depending on specific goals or features wanted. There is still some wiring/harnesses/adapters you'll need so you'd probably go over a little bit but not sure you could do much better in the US/Europe for the money. I have no idea how well those prices would translate in India.

700 dollars can get you a DECENT system if you install it. 150 for a sub, 125 for components, 300 for a couple of amps, 125 for a head unit. You'll go over 700 a bit for wiring I guess, but if you have 700, you can likely come up with 750. Some of the guys here have ridiculously nice systems, but you're looking at 1500 minimum to move into the realm of really nice, again, if you install it.

I'm looking to upgrade The Guardians my sound system in my car by a lot. I personally know nothing about cars, speakers, or subs - I'd probably walk into a luxury flats for sale in mumbai shop saying "Hey, I have $700 to spend, what can you do for me?" 1 bhk flat for sale in kondhwa pune Will $700 be enough for a ridiculously nice sound system? I'd have to factor in labor costs as well.

Any Updates???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.