Ipod issues with Avh-p4100

klepto
10+ year member

Perveyor of Filth
I just installed my new AVH-p4100 and now I am having problems running my ipod to it with the CD-IU200V ipod cable.

http://www.zalmar.com/detail-CarElectronics-Car_Audio-CD_IU200V.htm

I have it plugged into my ipod and the other cable plugged into the AUX IN input in the back of the head unit, but somehow when i turn the unit on and select ipod, it says that there is no device attached. The Ipod also does not turn on and recognize the unit.

Do i have this wired wrong? Could it have something to do with the bypass that i ran on the unit? I ran this exact bypass as seen on youtube here using a bosch relay...

Why is this not working?

I have a ipod video 80gig. After posting this i plugged the USB in and it worked. This just does not make any sense. The cable only gives me about 10 inches on wire between the USB and the wide ipod plug. It gives me about 2-3 feet of wire un between the wide ipod plug and the jack, which when i left unplugged still works. Am i running the cables wrong?

I have a ipod video 80gig. After posting this i plugged the USB in and it worked. This just does not make any sense. The cable only gives me about 10 inches on wire between the USB and the wide ipod plug. It gives me about 2-3 feet of wire un between the wide ipod plug and the jack, which when i left unplugged still works. Am i running the cables wrong?
wait.. what??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.