Shield wire in 96 explorer

Participant count
  • Participant list
anyone??? if not can i just bypass the factory amplifier??? i know where it is and i have a wiring diagram... if i just splice the speaker wires together before they get to the amp it will work right???//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

Chances are your Explorer has the premium JBL sound system. If so, the antenna and everything else run to an amp in the rear of the vehicle near the subwoofer instead of behind the dash. You'll need an adapter and a long extension to run it back up to the dash to hook to an aftermarket head unit. Might be cheaper and simpler to replace the factory antenna with an aftermarket one and run it directly to the dash.

Holidays to Egypt

Apex Professionals LLC

i am getting ready to hook a customers explorer with same factory system, i am going to use an antenna extension ($10) and some speed wire, remote wire for amp, antenna power wire and some rcas, i am going to bypass factory amp and power the speakers with new head unit, and rcas are for the new sub box amp going in the back.

its not the jbl system... its just premium factory with a tape deck... i already have the cd player hooked up without the shield wire but it makes a hissing noise when it first turns on. no engine whine just a hissing sound.. kinda like an old record player

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.