Ipod Car Slot!!????? help please

Yeah, he did it himself. It is pretty easy to do, if you take the time. Just need a iPod-capable HU, the correct full-speed cable, and the material to make the "slot". I am thinking about doing something like that in my next install, as i will have a 1/2 DIN opening left over after my HU install. Just have to build a little fixture for the iPod cable, figure out how to mount it, and make sure it is solid. Then, just slide it in, and it is docked.

im kinda with the op, i dont think that is a self made piece...

the alpine ipod cables have the release clips that you have to push in to undock the ipod from the cable. this looks like some kind of ipod dock that he perhaps modified for his car, i just dont know how he would have integrated the dock with the alpine wiring.

you could break or remove the clips on the connection so that you dont have to pinch them to release the ipod, just want to know if people can make out the writing above the slot it might give me an idea where i can get it, even guesses will do, iv run out of things i think it says

Cheers!!

abs is a type of plastic and the guy made it from scratch

i hope you guys know this is rather feasible think of the ipod docking stations.... there are no release clips on those... if my ipod wasnt already hidden i might consider something like this

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.