iPhone 4gs and Pioneer AVH P4300DVD

ssgeld

I bought a Pioneer AVH P4300DVD in May and learned that my iphone 3G was not supported. I waited until the new iPhone was introduced and bought it. I connected the phone and I still do not get any picture...no YouTube, no Apps, nothing... The DVD player works and I can hear everything else, I just do not get a picture. With my 3G I was able to play YouTube but could the Apps would not work. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I was told when I installed my HU that it would work with any iPhone, of course it did not work with my 3G. The store offered to take it back but told me that, per the Pioneer rep, if I upgraded to anything above a 3G it would work. I have tried every setting on both the phone and HU and I can not get it to work....very frustrating.

App Mode: The App Mode lets you enjoy video content from iTunes apps, such as - Safari, YouTube, Netflix, and other select apps (iPhone app must support video output) from your iPhone 4 on the Pioneer head unit's high resolution touchscreen. You can control basic playback functions (Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse Previous/Next) of these applications from the Pioneer head unit. The App Mode feature can only be accessed when the vehicle is in park and the hand-brake is fully engaged.

SOLUTION FOR IPHONE 4S USERS WITH NO VIDEO:

We finally figured out why there was no video signal. The 4S required a a new cable from Pioneer the CD-IU51V IPOD/IPAD Cable. All of the apps work now and it looks great. Had a sweet back up camera instaled also.

I am having the same problems with my Clarion. Was told if I buy the iphone cable it would work, but it still doesn't. Can watch Iphone videos, but cant get Youtube or Netflix to work. As best as I can tell, the Iphone cable does nothing more than the standard USB connection. I feel robbed.

All I can tell you is that the new Pioneer cable worked for me and my 4S. I am able to view the apps, GPS Drive, Netflix, etc... It took some work but it is good to go now.

All I can tell you is that the new Pioneer cable worked for me and my 4S. I am able to view the apps, GPS Drive, Netflix, etc... It took some work but it is good to go now.
Im about to get me the 4s also.....so you're saying that new cable is all i need to stream movies and youtube. Also what do you mean by the GPS Drive, can you somehow get the GPS to show up on the HU from the iphone. BTW I have the 4300dvd.....

After installing the new cable, CD-IU51V IPOD/IPAD Cable, all of the applications work fine with my iPhone 4S. I am able to use the Motion X navigation app GPS Drive and even listen to XM at the same time. Much better product now that it all finally works. I also had a back up camera installed that runs to the HU and it looks and works great.

After installing the new cable, CD-IU51V IPOD/IPAD Cable, all of the applications work fine with my iPhone 4S. I am able to use the Motion X navigation app GPS Drive and even listen to XM at the same time. Much better product now that it all finally works. I also had a back up camera installed that runs to the HU and it looks and works great.

The cable works fine with the 4g

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.