instead of building from scratch, why not...

nope its pretty simple you just want to seal it (all corners inside) with silicone and i might suggest using 1" mdf to reduce flex andget spray on dynamat for the inside...goop on sound deading works better but costs 50 bucks and is messy. also if you are not into covering but are good with wood and your trunk is gray...........fleck stone makes a different covering material it sprays on..some say its tacky but so is fuzzy carpet lol i am using the fuzz on the rear of my sidekick dont read too much into what i say about insults either its more of a funny jab than a shot at anyone directly....i used **** to suggest it is easy....the complexity is of your own willingness to do

your right i started this whole argument, but i didn't mean to piss you off that bad dude. i was only giving you some constructive critism to say hey don't do that to your system. anyone who would waste the money to buy a prefab. box that isn't an awesome prefab. box is stupid. and to do that would just cost you more money than building the thing your self. oh and you don't have to go to a lumber yard you can just get home depot to do it. your right building a box isn't that hard but it is a ***** to do b/c you really do need fiberglass if you want to seal that thing really tight and get a louder system. the tighter the box=the louder the sound. and in response to audiolife it isn't hard to do it at all man. and just think if you do make one and it is bad ass which they really aren't hard to make them look bad ass. then all your friends with a system might even come to you for suggestions and you can be the box guru around your car audio friends. and i really didn't mean to have you get your panties in a wad justchillin, i was just saying what many people would say with me is to take the time to build it yourself instead of dis-respecting things by making a fake custom job. don't do that man and let us know how it works out either way with what you do.

keep it thumpin,

adam

agreed blazer its sorta like gettin a corvette with a geo 3 banger motor in it. rule of thumb a desent sub in a great box will sound better than an awesome sub in a crappy box

http://www.frame.se/rebuilderscamarocenter/index.htm

I like the box I want to build it but I am dumb and I dont know anything about porting and it doesnt tell you what cubic feet it is. I like the look and the ports and the room saver but I dont have any experience in building boxes can I cover it in vinal or something other than carpet? The way the box is is made i mean you get all but the top then you put the top on how do you seal it good?

worst case scenerio is cover it all (pull it around to the side you cant see) then it doesnt matter =) 45 degree angle cuts on the backside help alot to to stop corner bunching

ok so now that i will probably be building my enclosure i have a few questions...

1. it will hold 2 12" type r subs should i build one open space box or divide it into 2 sections (1 for each sub)???

2. as far as making the whole thing flush and fill the open space behind my back seat should i just get the front piece cut to just fit through the opening or make it a little to big and push it right up against the opening and then secure it with velcro or something???

any ideas would be appreciated, i can't wait to get started...

thanks,

mike

i feel pretty comfortable covering it with carpet...but where can i get some that will match my trunk???

do they sell the spray on stuff at most car audio places???

they can share the same space same enclosure abour 1.25 cft total should do it remember its internal volume 12"x12"x12"=1728" or a cubic foot.. secure it down in the trunk with backstraps on the back of the box which will face the front of the car then make a panel that fills in the gap around the box make sure to have a gap that fits the trunk support arms as the door closes. make the panel 1/2 thick with braces to stop it from vibrating. the woofers will face the back. you should get about 3 db gain by doing this. mount the amps where you like and make sure you bridge your amp mono.

thanks for the help...the only problem is that i want the subs facing the front of the car so i can lower my back seat and be able to see them...

thanks,

mike

performance wise you would lose about 3 db or half of your power...(difference between 100 watts and 200 watts is 3 db, same with 500 and 1000) you can do it either way i mean it is your car

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.