Installing a head unit in a car with Monsoon factories...

ronjon228
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Michigan
Well I've recently had to postpone the plans to purchase my SVT focus :):sobs:: stupid bank, I'll show you no loan you mother....). My rents told me other day that they were selling their '99 Regal so I figured it's gonna be the next best thing. I'll be getting the car this week/end at some point and I was wondering if anyone has had an experience with the Monsoon system from GM. I know it has factory amps which is going to make putting in my head unit a ROYAL pain in the arse. Also, I wanna get my subs in, but of course cannot do this until the HU goes in. So I'm just gonna have to gut it and rework it to my liking. However, since I've NEVER done the Monsoon thing and my boys at Best Buy (friends of mine), told me it was next to impossible I'm a bit nervous. I've had experience with similar setups as I did my Intrepid w/the infinity system. In that car I had to remvoe the factory amp and just bypass it. Talk about a mess of wires, but I got it working like a dream. I'm hoping this monsoon deal won't be much different. But anyways, I'm really drawing this out for a simple question... How hard is this Monsoon stuff really?? If anyone has an knowledge or any links they could set me up with that have diagrams that'd be great. I'm good with wiring and all that so I just need to know where to start. Thanks!!

Lates

Ron Jon

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.