Installing 2nd Amp To Speakers : Help Please

Participant count
  • Participant list

omnipseudo
10+ year member

.4Wheelin Sound Addict
Hi, I currently have a Boss 700w 2ohm amp powering my 2 Kicker CVrs off of my Sony HU. Now, im trying to wire my rear roll-bar speakers (Jeep Wrangler) to an amp that was given to me. Its a Pioneer GM-X252 and it says its 2ohm stable at 40wx4 chans...I wired the amp just like normal, ground to body, power to battery, rem to hu, rcas to rear pre-outs on hu. I used 8 gauge power and ground wire with a 20 amp fuse in the power wire, same as the amps fuse. But I get no sound. Ive tried grounding it to the same place as my other amp, different place, daisy-chaining the REM wires, having both rems to the HU, no sound.

A main Q i have is on this amp, when its 'on' does the light turn green? The light on top is red right now, and id assume this is some sort of stand-by mode? Or maybe its just one color. My friend doesnt know as hes never used the amp. Any suggestions/comments that may solve my problem would be helpful! Thanks in advance.

If Im not mistaken the Boss amps have both the green and red light. The green one will light up when the amp is working and is hooked up as it should be. The red light comes on when there is something wrong with the wiring or when it has blown a fuse or when it just no longer is working.

A way to find out if your amp is working or not. Unplug your other amp and replace it with the boss amp using the same wiring of your other amp. If the red light still turns on than you know its your amp. If the amp is no good, you can probably take it back or send it back to boss and they will replace it for you. All you pay is one way shipping cost.

If the amp turns on than its probably the wiring. Also it may be there is not enough power going to your amps. This happen to me once. Three amps running, the small amp was working but the 2000 watt and the 2000 watt mono light kept turning on red. After awhile i decided to test them one more time, this time with my car engine running and all of them came on.

so try and see what happens.

Peace

thanks for the reply, but my Boss amp works fine, its the pioneer that im having the problems with. but ya you are right, boss has red and green lights, u know anything about the pioneers though?

concerning power, thats highly possible as this is only a Jeep wrangler, ill try turning the tj on and see what happens. thanks again for the reply. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

pioneer just has red. Just check all the connections again, and then hook an extra (if you have one) amp to the same speakers to see if the original is blown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.