Installed system, need help

BoominEclipse
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ohio
Ok I got my system in. It powers up and plays fine. One problem...

When I go to stop the bass hesitates or cuts off for a second then kicks back in. The actual music doesn't cut out. It's only when stopping and not everytime.

I checked all the wiring and everything looks ok. I'm running 4 gauge to my amp and 12 gauge monster xp wire to my sub. The rest of the system is off the cd deck so it's gotta be in my amp wiring.

Any ideas?

check the ground, maybe your wires are shifting when you are stopping. tighten all connections on everything...check fuse connections and insure they are tight and secure.

look into re-grounding it make sure its on bare metal. No paint. And is the stuff mounted? Amp to box box mounted etc. maybe box is sliding or amp. Check your crimps make sure no loose strans are haning out that might touch something.

look into re-grounding it make sure its on bare metal. No paint. And is the stuff mounted? Amp to box box mounted etc. maybe box is sliding or amp. Check your crimps make sure no loose strans are haning out that might touch something.
Well I found a bolt in the trunk and unscrewed it and grounded it there. The amp is not mounted yet and I'm sure it does slide a bit. I wasn't going to screw it down until I recarpeted the trunk but looks like I may have to.

your alternator. The alt cant handle the load from your system when using you power brakes.

Solution:

1. (cheap way) upgrade your BIG 3 wires. if that doesnt work...

2. get a HO alt (and upgrade BIG 3)

your alternator. The alt cant handle the load from your system when using you power brakes.
Solution:

1. (cheap way) upgrade your BIG 3 wires. if that doesnt work...

2. get a HO alt (and upgrade BIG 3)
As far as I know, brakes don't pull any current (other than the brake lights...), they use vacuums.

sounds like a bad ground or a bad connection, intermittent problems like the one you have.

if this is happening when you are stoping or accelerating and you do not have your amp mounted !!! i would say it is defineately a contact point somewhere in your system !! check all your connections. they have to be secure!!! a bad contact would cause interference like you have described!!!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.