Installed Components: All I hear is Highs, no Mids???

I'm not sure. I had a shop do it.
id take it back to them and let them fix their own mistake instead of worrying about it. or learn the lesson i learned, do it yourself and youll know how its wired.

depending on where in texas you are you should just bring it by and let me fix it. im scared to ask where you had everything installed... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/uhoh.gif.c07307dd22ee7e63e22fc8e9c614d1fd.gif

still no mids. I thought i fixed it, but i didnt. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

anyone know what could be wrong? i can hear out of the speakers, but no mids. just highs from the speakers and tweeters
Download the test tones mentioned here: http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78021 and burn an audio CD. Use the sweep and other test tones to try to figure out what is going on with your system.

Dennis

Don't take it back; if they set it up this badly they won't know how to fix it anyway. Gain down is good. I'd say high pass on your components @ 80hz and low pass on your subwoofer @ 80hz and see how that sounds. Tweak from there. I wouldn't set the low pass any higher than 100hz and i wouldn't set the high pass any lower than 60hz or so - and maybe higher, around 100hz, if you hear stress from the components when playing bass heavy music with the crossover @ 80hz.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.