install ideas

Participant count
  • Participant list

mazdashaken

hey guys just joined this site and was wondering if i could get some help.. i have this crazy idea.. over the past year or two i have acquired a total of 5 subs and i have 2 amps. one i have recently blew out the lpf. and i have a 2003 mazda protege dx that has roughly 13 cu ft and i was just curious if it would e possible to cram at least for out of my 5 12's in i have 2 p3d4-12 and 2 12 sony explodes.. i know that neither of these brands a GREAT but i got them at a good price and i figure that these would make great guinea pigs for my design and then ill slowly by upgrades.. i am capable of building my own box if needed. and feel free to through in your preferred subs and amps.. ill be needing another amp for my p3's

Don't mix subs. Could cause cancellation issues if your gonna run the p3 subs get a 1000 rms amp for them If it where me. I'd sell all of it on craigslist and come back here for some new gear. Like a set of 15s. Sundown tantric xfl fi and so on. And a decent amp to push them. Also get a big 3 kit ,a agm battery , and some good wire

oh ok i didn't think that they would cancel out if they were in different boxes i was thinking about porting the sony's... and try to blow em.. one i have put back together they started life in my wheeler to are kinda trashed. but i like your idea im shooting for loud and shake people vehicles

also i just recently had my head unit stolen what would be a good price for quality. and which works better for systems? double din or single i can run either or.

You're not going to shake anyone's vehicle with the equipment you've listed. Not trying to be a dick, just trying to save you time/disappointment. Do what Lows said and sell the stuff then come back here and we'll help you put together the groundpounder you're looking for.

sweet i appreciate the help guys.. and don't worry no hurt feeling here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but again any ideas on a head unit?

Yea. If your trying to shake down the block then I've found the the DVD unit work best. If you get decently loud a regular cd deck. Even a good one will skip When you turn it up So what's your budget for a new deck ?

sweet i appreciate the help guys.. and don't worry no hurt feeling here //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but again any ideas on a head unit?
Single din or double din? I bought one of the newer Pioneer double din touchscreens and so far I've been very pleased with it. But I've also owned Alpine's & Clarion's in the past and had no issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mazdashaken

mazdashaken
Kalama, Wa
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bubbagumper6