Input on RE Audio?

I won't say anything beyond my experience with RE..

I used to run one of their old school RE 8's and I loved that little thing. The box I built for it was even terrible, and it still ran perfectly fine at MUCH more than its rated power. I got a lot of shock reactions when I told people it was just a single 8, the output was amazing for what it was.

I cannot speak for newer RE, but the older stuff did fine with me.

I used to have the sxx series and IMO it was a good sub with great SQ but didnt get very loud, i mean it pounded great though. I will probably honestly never run RE again. I've heard of people using the sx and then dropping in a different sub like a DC lvl 4 and it was a lot louder. It plays very clean also. Very low distortion. If your looking for a cheap quality setup RE would be ok but i would def look around a bit more there are better subs out there fa sho!

From experience, you can take the best sub on the market and put it in a poorly built/ designed box and it sound like crap. As well you can take an o.k. sub and put it in a well built box with all the right tricks of the trade and blow people away. I have to agree with most the older stuff is better. I'm still running 2 older re MT 18s and wouldnt change them for nothin!

We have been selling RE for many years. As with every product there wil be some offerings that dissapoint. With RE the SRi series comes to mind. The re/x series has been hit or miss. Over the years the amps have been solid for the money. The latest offerings are great. I can't say enough good things about the DTS amps. I have never seen such a cheap amp perform so well. I personally have a set for sr woofers running on five years now with no problems. I have used them with as little as 200 apiece all the way to 1500 rms watts for the pair. It took me awhile to get used to the small box requirements. In the correct box using rms power a user should have no issues with their products. I have run sx woofers with far more than rated power many times without issue. THe full range speakers sound good and are cheap. Install is everything. I would say they have above average sound quality when paired with a good ab amp. I hate to hear people hating on products because they couldn't make it work. There are to many good products to just write off this company as junk.

Lol, I just ordered a new REX 8 because of the price and needed a shallow sub for my S10. Now I need to find an old RE 8 I guess as long as the enclosure requirements are about the same. .41 @37 is what the sub will be going in and I will be able to give it up to 400w rms.

Is the mounting depth the same on the old RE 8's? 4.5"?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.