Input on RE Audio?

new RE isn't that great.

if you find any RE audio, make sure it doesn't look like the new stuff shown on their website. if it looks like a Fi Sub, its the older models and those i trust

and for amps, i can't say.

I have two 12 se x sealed, I know they're probably not the best subs but for what they are I think they sound decent and get decently low to be sealed. I've thought real hard about running the 15s but think I might wanna try something different. Hence why I've been looking at other subs lol

I've actually got two 2005 RE SX motors with FI softparts....does 153.7 on the termlab as a headrest score at 32 hz. The new ones, .... ive reconed them and they're terrible china junk. Thanks US Amps for producing more china junk crap. But they are in good company, the HCCA's are just as bad.

I just put 2 10's *** in my son's car and they are fine subs. I hate when people say things are junk and have never had any experience with them. Don't go buy words go with people who have had them. I know there are better subs, but they do very well in my short experience with so far. They are in a sealed box at the present in the trunk of grand am gt and do hit very well. Amp running them is RF T1000-1. Ported box coming in a week.

I just put 2 10's *** in my son's car and they are fine subs. I hate when people say things are junk and have never had any experience with them. Don't go buy words go with people who have had them. I know there are better subs, but they do very well in my short experience with so far. They are in a sealed box at the present in the trunk of grand am gt and do hit very well. Amp running them is RF T1000-1. Ported box coming in a week.
quality equipment here.

For the op, I'm just comparing with the subs that I have had. RF T110's, JL w610's, now the se-x 10's. All have been in sealed boxes. same amp. All are about the same to me.

For the op, I'm just comparing with the subs that I have had. RF T110's, JL w610's, now the se-x 10's. All have been in sealed boxes. same amp. All are about the same to me.
No way that se-X compares to the w6 set up correctly....

I've heard both...se was decent...won't touch w6 though old or new w6....

Doesdad, Space was to small for ported. Under back seat in silverado. I'm trying to raise back seat up 2 inches now, maybe I can get a small ported under there. JL may have sounded a little better, but for the price of each not enough for me to justify buying them. As I said only sealed from my take. I haven't personally had any in ported. But in my opinion not junk.

I hear a lot of bad talk about RE Audio from the past few years for the same reason stated above. Apparently they just make junk now. Though I'll agree, their gear does seem enticing. And I'd most certainly stay away from any Audiobahn subs.
It saddens me that RE took such a hit. I disappeared from audio for a few years ,and when i come back everything is a Chinese zombi brand of its former self.

Also i wouldn't completely discredit Audiobahn. I got a lot of flack in the past for running them, but they are pretty decent considering how cheap they could be acquired,each year they changed the models(appearance) so the previous years models would go for cheap. I did 145 with 2 12 aw1251, 148ish with 2 AW1200q on a lanzar opti1000.1d(zed) I know those numbers aren't that impressive initially until you consider i only paid about 100 for one set and about 190 for the other pair. I only recommend them if you can find them cheap..really cheap like older models floating around eBay at 50-25% of retail,and if you can get past the gaudiness,and that they probably wont handle rated lol. I never used the alum but i did have a aw1200q (flame basket silver cone) and never had any issues. Once again don't even think of paying retail for anything audiobahn, much better can be had.

As far as amps go...back in the day MA was crap, only thing they were good for was maybe frying an egg on the heatsink. US amps had some stuff a few years back , but it seems like people grab there pitch forks and touches with mention of their name. When i was lurking the boards i saw names like audiopipe ,MB quart,Audioque and hifonics mentioned alot on the subject of budget amps. I just bought a MB ref1.800 and clamped it, it dose rated at 2 ohms and puts out nice and clean power. i don't want to recommend it yet becasue I've only had it for a week.

I can understand why someone would not buy a product because of the company "selling out". I respect that, although I would still buy the cheapest chinisiest part if it works as it should.

However, I don't buy your arguments about RE Audio being junk. Do you guys have first hand experience with the new stuff? Please post your Klippel measurements or subjective reviews. Otherwise, please keep your comment to yourself.

I have personally used the SRX, and for the price I can't complain. It's great all around budget sub with good SQ and the capacity to take abuse for the money. The SE/X line also has good feedback. At very least, I can't imagine this gear being worse than say Alpine or Infinity.

Also, this guy just posted his experience competing in SQ competitions with RE Audio gear.

RE Audio for SQ? - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Not too shabby I'd say. It all depends on install and tuning.

No way that se-X compares to the w6 set up correctly....
I've heard both...se was decent...won't touch w6 though old or new w6....
But that's subjective. Both reviews are subjective. Here is another subjective review that puts SE equal to W6:

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/1416485-post45.html

Here is the same thread from the start: 12" Subwoofer shootout Part 1 - Dayton, DIYMA , RE SE, Boston G5, Hsu, Hertz, Cadence - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.