Infinity or JBL???

chito

I'm wondering what speaker shoud I buy to change the factory speaker of my xterra, with a Alpine CDA-9856. I'm considering Infinity or JBL. Is anybody there who can give me a suggestion??? Thanks in advance...!!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

I'm not going to move the speaker by an amp, just with the Alpine CDA-9856. I will buy an amp for a subwoofer, but probably not right now //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif

All the infinitys Ive heard had no mid bass and the tweets were real harsh.

And Ive heard the reference and kappa series in a 5 1/4, 6 1/2/ and the 6x9s.

Alpine Type-r or the type-xs would be a good choice

I've auditioned the 6.5" components and coaxials of Infinity Refererence and JBL GTOs using the same headunit and would say Infinitys produce clearer and livelier sounds than JBL GTOs. BTW, both brands are being carried by the same company, Harman International.

I'd go JBL. I heard a 2005 silverado with ALL jbls hi end stuff, REALLY nice sound.
hes asking about low end not high end. i say get alpine coaxes simply because they are easier to find at a good price since they are more popular. since you are looking for entry level... look for the new alpine type s coaxes. they have a new silk tweeter and very good stock replacements. if you have to get either infinity for jbl, it depends on what you like. infinity has harsh tweets and no midbass. i heard jbl lowend coaxes off a headunit at my car dealer and they sound pretty good.

Thank you all for your advices and sugestions...!!! On my last truck I had JBL and It was great. Now, I'm trying to switch to something different. I suppose I will get the Infinity's

off the HU power? honostly.. ive had infinity speakers off HU power and they really don't sound that great. Had 2 different sets in two cars. I put in some Pioneer speakers and they seemed to respond to the lower power output of a HU a lot better than the Infinity speakers. Alpine coaxials seem to respond to low power real well also. What size speakers are you looking at and did you want a component set or just normal coaxial? Any price range?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.