Former SPL competitor wanting to hear the words needs help///

DRCKISS
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have recently puchased a 06 mustang and have upgraded the stock highs with 2 sets of Boston Acoustic speakers. and they do not sound as good as the stock did,,, I am currently running an Alpine 9855 powering the bostons, would they actually need an amp with the power rating of 20 - 250 watts. I get to volume 20 on the HU and it starts clipping to lleh. Even in my previous RSX I could get the stock speakers to volume 24 before they would start to clip, well at least before the 18" mt would drown them out... either way do you think I need to just hook a 4 channel amp to these things and call it a day....I don;t know, what is you r take on this situation?

I have recently puchased a 06 mustang and have upgraded the stock highs with 2 sets of Boston Acoustic speakers. and they do not sound as good as the stock did,,, I am currently running an Alpine 9855 powering the bostons, would they actually need an amp with the power rating of 20 - 250 watts. I get to volume 20 on the HU and it starts clipping to lleh. Even in my previous RSX I could get the stock speakers to volume 24 before they would start to clip, well at least before the 18" mt would drown them out... either way do you think I need to just hook a 4 channel amp to these things and call it a day....I don;t know, what is you r take on this situation?
i am no pro but i have had large system for around 20 years now and

IMO no speakers should be run off the deck unless you have a stereo for only the most basic usage. if your looking for good quality sound at high volumes the amps are a must IMO

i have stock speakers in my grand am and i have a sony HU and even with the bass all the way up on the high, mid, and lows there is no clipping just some sound distortion at anything over 25 volume on the HU

im wondering if i should upgrade the speakers or leave them and i would not be running an amp to them. i would be getting coaxels not components because i dont want to mess around i just want to drop the speakers in and call it a day.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.