Infinity Component Help!!

FinalWolf
10+ year member

Stop reading my subtitle!
Over Here
Im looking at getting a set of Infinity Kappa 60.5cs for my front doors. I was thinking of powering them with the PG Octane-R5.4, which I would bridge and get 150x2RMS.

Im already getting 2 Ti10Ds and powering them with a HiFonics Brutus BX1000D, so Im kinda looking for that nice Blue glow look, which the Octane series does offer. Also because im doing a real clean install with creative amp rack that will show off these subs, so the better looking the amp, the better suited for me, even though I know this shouldnt be a big factor.

However, if anyone knows any better amps to use in this situation, please help me out and name brand and model #!!

Stats for the Comps (incase you dont know):

Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm Plus One woofer cone

1" C.M.M.D. dome tweeter can be flush-, surface-, or angle-mounted

hi-roll rubber surround

2-way crossovers (high-pass/low-pass at 3500 Hz, 18 dB/octave)

frequency response 45-21,000 Hz

power range 2-90 watts RMS

peak power handling 270 watts

sensitivity 90 dB

The kappas are pretty good. I have the 60.5cs right now, and they are ok, but after hearing my friends CDTs I want to upgrade.

If you wanted, I'll sell you my speakers so I can upgrade, or my advice would be to get some CDTs.

two things, notice the octane amp has max and rmx power so pay attention. 2nd thing - kappas rms is exactly what you need to stay at - they are NOT underrated whatsoever, as a matter of fact you might want to either go at the rms or invest in a 50xwhatever instead.

I did give the RMS rating for that PG amp...dont worry I know that they are normally in Max ratings....But a lot of people have said that they give their kappas about 150 w/ no problems...

How much u looking into selling the comps for...any pics...PM me.

Friend is giving the CDTs about 60 watts. I'm running the Kappas at 65 watts.

Probably $120 or so. They are about a month old now. No pictures of the actual speakers, because they are currently in my door. If you wanted them, I could pull them out no problem, but I wasn't actively selling them, and have no replacements yet, so I'm still listening to them.

I originally bought a set of CDT CFs but couldn't get them to fit in the door due to depth, so I got the Kappas because they are shallow and fit easily. Now that I know how to make the CDTs fit, I'm going to probably get them back from my friend, and make them fit. They sound great in his car. The kappas are good speakers, and I'm happy with them, but the CDT tweeter is just smoother.

To run any decent components off the headunit is just a shame. Get an amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.