Infinite Baffle Started Suggestions needed!

you gonna glass around that baffle? or maybe i missed it, but it looks like you used foam to bridge the gap?

if i missed something let me know, but if there is just foam in that gap, your going to have a problem.

good looking work...may i ask if it was a shop you took it to that used the cut off wheel? I'm liking the idea and the progress....

GL

I gots a suggestion!! PLEASE wear some glasses when you are grinding man.. One of those wheels explodes (and it doesnt take much) you could be blind forever! I got a peice of MDF in my eye a month ago (with glasses on!!) Doc had to scrape it out.. THAT ******!

you gonna glass around that baffle? or maybe i missed it, but it looks like you used foam to bridge the gap?if i missed something let me know, but if there is just foam in that gap, your going to have a problem.

good looking work...may i ask if it was a shop you took it to that used the cut off wheel? I'm liking the idea and the progress....

GL
that foam turns hard as a rock. there will be no problem using it to seal off the area between the baffle and the rear deck as there will be almost zero pressurization of the trunk area.

the huge bolts holding the baffle down will suffice as far as mechanical fasteners are concerned.

looks good. not just cover up that huge ugly hole in the carpet and you will be golden.

I got a suggestion that seems like a good one... Use some metal grille material (similar to chicken wire, but lil more pliable, and form it to the center to remove that ugly hole. Then just cover the entire piece as one, with this fake suede I have (looks good and easy to mess with).

I am thinking hide the subs so the AZ sun does not torture them. OH and for those asking about the car and what kind it is its a 06 Chrysler 300C SRT here is the outside

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

That was a nice compliment thank you!

I think one of the best things I did was to paint the inside of the headlights. Those were chrome and UGLY. Hopefully its not too overdone... I hate these cars when they get all crazy looking!

Here is how I got the center back into the rear deck cover. I used some mesh grille I had left over.

NOW... Looks like if I want to I could actually do whatever I want. I guess if I want to cover this piece, I should use some thin foam like they use for headliner before I cover it right?

OR

I could cut sub circles, or squares out and leave them exposed. What do u guys think?

IMG_0483.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.