Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection. SQ Sub?

Phase One
10+ year member

PA
I'm on the hunt for new subs, 2 12" that will be powered by a JBL GTO1201.1 amp. 1114rms @ 2ohms.

Had Dayton Audio HO subs that I blew. Probably wanted more out of them than they could handle.

I want the same SQ if not better, but can take a beating.

Are the Lethal Injections a good choice?

The box is sealed. 1.1cf each chamber.

Also the subs will be in a Camaro. Hatchback. I like how the Daytons didn't overpower my interior speakers. I don't want my next pair of subs to do that.

Also looking at the IDQ subs. Narrowed down to those 2 unless someone has a better choice for my amp power, enclosure and sound preference.

Also heard IA Flatlyne are good SQ subs, but they are around $100 more than the Lethal Injection. Worth the extra money in the SQ department?

They'll sound good and get loud. Doubt they'll have the sq of the Dayton's but should deff get louder in the right box. I'd figure out why your other subs blew before you drop new ones in tho... How did you set your amp gains?

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 PM ----------

Also heard IA Flatlyne are good SQ subs, but they are around $100 more than the Lethal Injection. Worth the extra money in the SQ department?
Yes the flatlyne is said to be an incredible sq sub

would the flatlyne be a better choice over the lethal injection? i want sq over spl/sql. i love how the Daytons sound but want more output with same sq.

world flatlyne be a step up over Daytons?

If you really are after very low distortion bass the Flatlyne has the design to deliver that. Some people don't like the sound of very low distortion bass, but if you have a reference to know what instruments are supposed to sound like then you might like what that sub can do.

The Flatlynes will sound "better" and the Lethal Injections will get louder. Lethal Injections sound plenty good to me, and I would likely purchase 2 15's instead of the four Sundown E-12's I'm going with... but I can't get a straight answer if there will be a "new" Lethal Injection coming with the shipment next month.

I'd hate to buy a sub and have the "new and improved" version come out a month later!

I love Incriminator subs.

I'm a newbie. can you dumb it down for me?
Everyone can hear when a sample of music sounds better in one vehicle than another vehicle. Studies have shown that we can quickly decide if something sounds good, without any training. However, a real sound quality-oriented sound system isn't just about sounding good, it's about accurately reproducing instruments and voices. What's accurate? When it comes to any kind of electronically altered or generated music or vocals then how "good" it sounds depends on your tastes, but when you're listening to a recording of acoustic instruments and natural vocals we have to have a reference. The reference is developed by listening to live performances of unamplified musicians. Learn to play an instrument, join the band in school, take singing lessons, and the list goes on for ways we get exposed to music.

Why would I say some people prefer to listen to distortion? Distortion sounds louder. It sounds more energetic, more dynamic, more fun. I want distortion when I'm turning the volume up to 11 with my favorite metal bands. I don't want distortion when I'm playing reference material.

i had 2 LI 12s in an avenger with a aq1200d and had no problem with anything and they were in a ported box i listen to almost everything from classical, country, rock and rap and it all sounded amazing and i even had the original system in the car and they never overpowered the mid or highs unless i was listening to an actual bass track intended for comp. overall i would suggest the LI 12s to anyone that is looking for a good all round sub as far as being better then what you had never have had teh chance to hear them around my area but i have my two in storage since i have a quad cab truck and they wont fit in it. another thing is the amount of space for the LI 12s i had them in 3.0 cuft box and now the room i have is .75 per sub and it would ruin them if i tryied to put them in there

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm stuck between the idq, idmax, the flatlyne, and now ssa xcon/dcon.

what sub would perform best in a 1.1cf each sealed box with 1114rms @ 2ohms?.

looking for loud but clean bass like the Daytons gave me. don't want to drown out my interiors but still want to get plenty loud.

or does anyone have a better option?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.