Wiring harness/other questions for 04 Monte Carlo

Participant count
  • Participant list

nux

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction, or tell me what I need for a wiring harness for a 04 Monte Carlo. I'm not having much luck searching in Google or in these forums.

I'm not too concerned with door chimes and such, but I'd like the option of keeping those.

As for for steering wheel control, will this be what I need?

SWI-X Universal Steering Wheel Audio Control Interface

I also am looking for XM radio functionality. What sort of hook up will I need for that?

I'm having a hard time finding this info online. If there is one website out there that sells all this stuff, a link to that site would be sufficient.

Thanks for your time and input!

Thanks a lot for the quick reply.

I was able to find some of the stuff I need.

Amazon.com: PIE PF-SWI-X Universal Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface: Electronics for steering wheel interface, and Amazon.com: Scosche GM09SR Radio Replacement Interface with Door Chime Feature for 2000-Up GM: Electronics for harness.

Seems to be a bit cheaper too on Amazon.

There is one more thing I was curious about. I currently have Sirius/XM radio, and want to keep this on my new deck. I'm not sure what I'll need for the new deck. I have the antenna for Sirius on my car, so I assume I will need a tuner and adapter? Or would it depend on if the deck has a built in tuner? Do some decks have built in tuners?

I haven't decided on what deck I'm going to go with yet if that's relevant.

Thanks!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.