In search of a good amp.

86firebird_dude

CarAudio.com Newbie
Heyo all, I’m new to the site and I really need help understanding car audio haha! So I’m trying to determine a good amplifier for my requirements and can’t seem to find what I’m looking for. I have 2 JL 10woV3 - 4 subwoofers. Each have a rms of 300, I was hoping to find a 600rms amp, but can’t find anything that runs that at 4 ohms, so I’ve heard ( and Please forgive my stupidity) you can make 4 ohm subs with DVC run at 2 ohms? If so, is it a good idea? And any tips on a good amp would be amazing. I, like everyone else, don’t have a ton of money and am looking for a fairly cheap but reliable amp, I was thinking the highest I’d go is $110-120 CAD. Any tips would be great.
My back story on the car is it’s a 86 Firebird, I made a custom sub box ( in the works plan to post when done, a couple pioneer 6x9 and ultimate front speakers. I am just looking for a amp for the subs right now though

I have one of these and it works awesome. Good power, 1ohm capable, small size. Perfect for your dual 4ohm subs. Put all the positives together then all the negatives together for an 1ohm final load.
Screenshot_20200518-225757.png

Kind of a really tight budget for the RMS power you are looking for buying New.This will work fine until you decide to upgrade. Even Used would be a tight budget on a decent amplifier. This is what I would use for the budget
Find a 4 ga Amp kit with the rest of the funds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.