IN HiFonics WE TRUST

Macksamillion

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with the HiFonics BXX3000.1D? It's rated at 3000 watts at 1 ohm. I confess that I'm a bit nostalgic. I had a series VIII Zeus that used to drive the hell out of a pair of 15" MTX Road Thunder Pro woofers in the back of my Mazda 626. I know that the HiFonics of today is nothing like that of years past. But... if this particular one will do anything close to its rated power... I'd probably take a chance on it.

71iUDP39SIL._AC_SX569_.jpg

Hello all,

Does anyone have experience with the HiFonics BXX3000.1D? It's rated at 3000 watts at 1 ohm. I confess that I'm a bit nostalgic. I had a series VIII Zeus that used to drive the hell out of a pair of 15" MTX Road Thunder Pro woofers in the back of my Mazda 626. I know that the HiFonics of today is nothing like that of years past. But... if this particular one will do anything close to its rated power... I'd probably take a chance on it.

The Brutus series is mid-range from what I recall while the Zeus was upper-mid range. Either way though Hifonics is fairly reputable in terms of data being correct. I wouldn't expect more than its rating, but I think it could handle rated power just fine.

Hello all,

At least the input side takes large power wire and recommended fusing is listed at 250a.

That price they list tho... Msrp almost 800?
😂

Honestly, I would be surprised if anything was changed between those two amplifiers other than cosmetics. Both have the same list price, the same specs on hifonics website etc.

I loved the old Hifonics stuff, but the current amplifiers are not in the same league.

The Brutus series is mid-range from what I recall while the Zeus was upper-mid range. Either way though Hifonics is fairly reputable in terms of data being correct. I wouldn't expect more than its rating, but I think it could handle rated power just fine.
zues is their bottom of the barrel, brutus is the mid tier and brutus elites are their top tier. in the amplifier world they are all considered bottom of the barrel compared to what you can get at their price points. Low quality internals, inefficient design, power hogs, poor damping factor filtering and overall SQ.

zues is their bottom of the barrel, brutus is the mid tier and brutus elites are their top tier. in the amplifier world they are all considered bottom of the barrel compared to what you can get at their price points. Low quality internals, inefficient design, power hogs, poor damping factor filtering and overall SQ.

Ah you're right, I mixed em up. The only good one I remember is the XX series while Brutus is mid-tier and Zeus pretty entry-level but not quite as bad as the true trash like Dual/Boss/Pyramid/Pyle

What would you guys think about this particular HiFonics amp ( BXX3000.1D ) versus the Taramps Bass 3K?
No comparison, dont lump them together. Hifonics cant make certified ratings for **** on any of their amps. Their efficiency is dog ****. 14.9 volts and cant even make power while taramps easily makes power at 12.6 volts. I used to own a **** ton of hifonics. I can easily say its day and night vs taramps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.