IN Door Vs. Kick Pannel?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Geminidj2000
10+ year member

The Bad Luck Kid
Denver
i have a 1996 ford explorer im wondering would mounting the tweeters on a pillar be ok?

Like how better are kicks then regular mounts and do any of u guys have porblems with acually kicking them? because it seems like if i put them in my exploerer that they would get hit a lot.

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 i have a 1996 ford explorer im wondering would mounting the tweeters on a pillar be ok?

Like how better are kicks then regular mounts and do any of u guys have porblems with acually kicking them? because it seems like if i put them in my exploerer that they would get hit a lot.
The pillars are fine if you wish to go that route....the main advantage of kick panels is that you can fine-tune the imaging and aim the speakers directly at you. I'd say put them in the pillars and see how they sound, chances are you'll be happy.

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 i have a 1996 ford explorer im wondering would mounting the tweeters on a pillar be ok?

Unless you plan to compete, or care a considerable amount about imaging properties, mounting in A pillars will be fine. Are kick panels annoying? Yes, until you get used to them, then you adjust, but you'll forever be worried about passengers kicking them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.