***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

Well, while I want things to be organized, I'm not sure if I want to break it down this far even. Thats one thing I dont want to do is make things too complicated and hard to moderate.
Just thinking about the fact that speakers/subs are probably make up the LARGEST margin of our threads. So division of them seemed logical to me. Do it or don't ............any HONEST effort is good and appreciated.

Any possible way you can do the classifieds where that posting in a thread doesn't bump it ttt? Meaning the OP & potential buyers can comment in the thread, but the threads stay in order of day/time created. And forbid anyone from making multiple threads for a certain item.
Hmm, interesting idea. Even if that would work, would probably just create a new thread every day or 2 to get to the top. The less required moderator interaction the better for this site. I know craigslist works that way a lot, with posting, deleting, posting again

Hmm, interesting idea. Even if that would work, would probably just create a new thread every day or 2 to get to the top. The less required moderator interaction the better for this site. I know craigslist works that way a lot, with posting, deleting, posting again
I think having mods being on top of post hording and excessive bumping will be enough. Besides do you really want to write or find the code for that?

1 bump by the op with in 24 hours, Questions from members to the op's thread about said item is fine and should be allowed as long as they are questions that are not already answered in the ops orignal for sale discription.

Don't allow users to delete threads in the classifieds. Put in the rules that you cannot make multiple threads for an item. And then enforce the rules, consistently. Banning a user for 7-10 days for making multiple threads would put a stop to it imo.....

check out the classifieds on jeepforum.com....I really like how they have it setup.

I had to leave out for a while. Lets just work on getting the site back where it used to be. I think the decision is unanimous to split it up. Now to decide on the categories. I would say:Head Units

Amps

Subs & Speakers

Misc Car Audio

Complete Systems or Package Deals or?

WTB/WTT - no change

Miscellaneous NON Car Audio - no change
Should be either Package Deals or Multi-Item Section. Complete Systems narrows it down to just a sale that is comprised of a deck, amp, sub, speakers, and wire IMO

Things I like....other may not.

Post dumping - Allowed. Keeps people honest in their pricing, and prevents the newbie who doesn't know from getting bent over. And doesn't need moderation.

Bumping allowed - If broken into sections, people won't need to bump as much as it won't be shuffled to the 3rd page in 5 hrs.

Not being CACO - That's one of the reason why this site is fairly popular, is you are free to do stuff. The other sites you are under the thumb all the time. Everyone complains about the way they moderate over there, and now you all want to implement it here?

If this place turns into a nazi regime, I won't stick around. But that's just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth.

Post dumping - Allowed. Keeps people honest in their pricing, and prevents the newbie who doesn't know from getting bent over. And doesn't need moderation.

Bumping allowed - If broken into sections, people won't need to bump as much as it won't be shuffled to the 3rd page in 5 hrs.

Not being CACO - That's one of the reason why this site is fairly popular, is you are free to do stuff. The other sites you are under the thumb all the time. Everyone complains about the way they moderate over there, and now you all want to implement it here?

If this place turns into a nazi regime, I won't stick around. But that's just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth.
its because all of the sudden caco is gone, and everyone is making there way over here, which is fine.

BUT...i agree with you 100 %

^^^ the long version of what i said earlier,

how many threads were up on here while caco was still up that bashed it?

and as far as post dumping, keeping someone honest on the price is one thing but just saying, nice, or i like it. or making comments in now way related to the item, should be stopped, thats where good mods need to be in place.

^^^ the long version of what i said earlier,
how many threads were up on here while caco was still up that bashed it?

and as far as post dumping, keeping someone honest on the price is one thing but just saying, nice, or i like it. or making comments in now way related to the item, should be stopped, thats where good mods need to be in place.
see, i like being able to say what i think of an item for sale. free bump to seller and letting everyone know its a good deal and/or product

see, i like being able to say what i think of an item for sale. free bump to seller and letting everyone know its a good deal and/or product
a positive or negative comment about an item based on personal experience and testing should be ok, especially if it is a somewhat lesser know item, but saying that a pair of saz 4500s are strong amps, thats not necessary.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

administrator

Administrator
Little man on campus
administrator
33 Thomas St.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies