***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

My suggestion:

-Head Units/EQs/Processors

-Electrical (batteries, wire, terminals....)

-Amps

-Subwoofers

-Speakers (comps/mids/tweets, etc...)

-Broken equipment (subs/amps....)

-Package Deals

-WTB/WTT

-Miscellaneous NON Car Audio

I think would be nice to have it all split up...not only for the buyer but also for the mods....i'm sure it will be somewhat easier to moderate individual sections instead of trying to keep up with the clusterfukk we have now. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

and as for those complaining about bumping....just put a 24hr bumping rule

a positive or negative comment about an item based on personal experience and testing should be ok, especially if it is a somewhat lesser know item, but saying that a pair of saz 4500s are strong amps, thats not necessary.
there's such a fine line there though, but i do get what youre saying

The post dumping needs to stop. Any individual should be able to ask whatever amount they see fit for their item. It is not our duty to inform other members what said item should actually be going for. If someone is to damn lazy to look around and see what similar items are going for, then they deserve to get screwed. Laziness pure and simple is what that is....

Furthermore bans should be utilized for post dumping. It has gotten completely out of control on here and needs addressed!!

The post dumping needs to stop. Any individual should be able to ask whatever amount they see fit for their item. It is not our duty to inform other members what said item should actually be going for. If someone is to damn lazy to look around and see what similar items are going for, then they deserve to get screwed. Laziness pure and simple is what that is.... 

Furthermore bans should be utilized for post dumping. It has gotten completely out of control on here and needs addressed!!
go back to caco

oh wait, you cant

Fer real? Some NEWBIES may not be able to find out what an item is worth. And it is our duty as responsible people to prevent someone else from getting hosed. It's like saying it is ok to scam people.....and that we shouldn't stop scammers either.

I'm right, and if Goob knows what is good for him, he will address this post dumping issue. Before more people bail out on this site.......
we're getting more and more members everyday because of caco going down.

Fer real? Some NEWBIES may not be able to find out what an item is worth. And it is our duty as responsible people to prevent someone else from getting hosed. It's like saying it is ok to scam people.....and that we shouldn't stop scammers either.
Whoa whoa whoa, scamming is nothing like be overcharged on something. It is 2011, there is no way you can not find out information on anything, let alone electronics. And if by chance it happens to be some super rare piece that information is not available on, then it comes down to how much you want it. I have over payed on plenty of car audio purchases, was I pissed yeah. But I stopped being lazy and started doing research.

things i like....other may not.
Post dumping - allowed. Keeps people honest in their pricing, and prevents the newbie who doesn't know from getting bent over. And doesn't need moderation.

Bumping allowed - if broken into sections, people won't need to bump as much as it won't be shuffled to the 3rd page in 5 hrs.

Not being caco - that's one of the reason why this site is fairly popular, is you are free to do stuff. The other sites you are under the thumb all the time. Everyone complains about the way they moderate over there, and now you all want to implement it here?

If this place turns into a nazi regime, i won't stick around. But that's just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth.
i also agree with the post dumping keeping sellers honest,we are not telling the op what to sell for but it should be ok to tell a buyer if he is getting a good deal or not and if the seller changes his prices so be it if not oh well

Things I like....other may not.
Post dumping - Allowed. Keeps people honest in their pricing, and prevents the newbie who doesn't know from getting bent over. And doesn't need moderation.

Bumping allowed - If broken into sections, people won't need to bump as much as it won't be shuffled to the 3rd page in 5 hrs.

Not being CACO - That's one of the reason why this site is fairly popular, is you are free to do stuff. The other sites you are under the thumb all the time. Everyone complains about the way they moderate over there, and now you all want to implement it here?

If this place turns into a nazi regime, I won't stick around. But that's just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth.
Everyone deserves an opinion!

But I could not disagree with you more on every respect haha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

What I think would help is a "Suggestions" thread for the forum as a whole. Not one filled with gheyness, trolls, and useless immaturity, but one that focuses solely on how people suggest we make things better. A place for someone to just say there opinion, and nobody argue it. If we throw out our opinions and don't stack 50 pages on top of them of nonsense, maybe it will be cliffy enough for Goob to read. Nothing against Goob, but I can tell he does not like things that aren't concise and to the point.

Maybe MoT can help me make that thread happen by moderating the posts in it? Like sticky the thread, and delete any posts that aren't just suggestions and nothing more than suggestions? I think it's our best chance, since Goob is active again, to give him some good advice from the community on how we can make this site better than it ever was before.

Whoa whoa whoa, scamming is nothing like be overcharged on something. It is 2011, there is no way you can not find out information on anything, let alone electronics. And if by chance it happens to be some super rare piece that information is not available on, then it comes down to how much you want it. I have over payed on plenty of car audio purchases, was I pissed yeah. But I stopped being lazy and started doing research.
so wait....what if someone had post dumped on the thread with said over payed car audio purchases...wouldn't you have thanked them and saved cash...hmmm just something to think about...it is a fine line tho...there's times when it is necessary...there should be a post dumping mod...haha....like "There's no way in hell you're going to get four hundred thirty nine dollaz and ninety five cents for that JL audio w7 8"...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

administrator

Administrator
Little man on campus
administrator
33 Thomas St.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies