***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

I voted yes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I think that bumping your own F/S thread should be against the rules, as well as making more than one thread for a certain item. It's impossible to try & sell something on here because there are a handful of users who bump their own threads 50 times a day.

Ge_off_me for MOD! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif
Hey goob, a ge_off_me/Bob Saget mod ticket would bring great promise to this forum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

A few members have suggested that we split up the main classifieds forum "this forum", into individual sections. This may or may not make it easier to navigate and help increase sales.
Example:

1) Head Units

2) Amplifiers

3) Subs & Speakers

4) Misc. Car Audio

5) Complete Systems
Well, it wouldn't hurt.

Hey goob, a ge_off_me/Bob Saget mod ticket would bring great promise to this forum. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
Me love you long time!

I had to leave out for a while. Lets just work on getting the site back where it used to be. I think the decision is unanimous to split it up. Now to decide on the categories. I would say:Head Units

Amps

Subs & Speakers

Misc Car Audio

Complete Systems or Package Deals or?

WTB/WTT - no change

Miscellaneous NON Car Audio - no change
those categories look pretty good to me. not too many, yet specific enough to know what youre looking for.

I had to leave out for a while. Lets just work on getting the site back where it used to be. I think the decision is unanimous to split it up. Now to decide on the categories. I would say:Head Units

Amps

Subs & Speakers

Misc Car Audio

Complete Systems or Package Deals or?

WTB/WTT - no change

Miscellaneous NON Car Audio - no change
Subs and speakers should be separate................just makin an honest suggestion instead of blindly agreeing because you're Goob;)

Subs and speakers should be separate................just makin an honest suggestion instead of blindly agreeing because you're Goob;)
& I would add /sound processors to the headunit section so that xover, eq, etc listings don't get spread all over the headunit, amplifier, & misc sections.

I voted yes. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
I think that bumping your own F/S thread should be against the rules, as well as making more than one thread for a certain item. It's impossible to try & sell something on here because there are a handful of users who bump their own threads 50 times a day.
Sort of agree, except i say once a day. That is plenty and allows the people that frequent the forum an advantage over the azzholes that make a thread and don't come back and check it for days.

Sort of agree, except i say once a day. That is plenty and allows the people that frequent the forum an advantage over the azzholes that make a thread and don't come back and check it for days.
Members should be registered for atleast 30 days & have atleast 50 posts before given the privelege of posting in the classifieds. imo

& mods need to learn how to properly moderate the classifieds........

You can't pick & choose which threads you shut down. Make EVERYBODY follow ALL of the classified section rules or fuck off. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Well, while I want things to be organized, I'm not sure if I want to break it down this far even. Thats one thing I dont want to do is make things too complicated and hard to moderate.

The only way to sanely stop ppl from bumping threads is to not allow any posting in their thread.
Any possible way you can do the classifieds where that posting in a thread doesn't bump it ttt? Meaning the OP & potential buyers can comment in the thread, but the threads stay in order of day/time created. And forbid anyone from making multiple threads for a certain item.

I like the idea and I am all for it, But you will need to get Moderators to cover this. Hopfully ones with lots of experence/references in the classifieds section who have been here for a couple of years and have kept a good standing repor with members and a level head and able to keep the thunderdome and classifieds seperate.
I have seen lot of senior members not sticking to the rules when posting an item forsale and or post dumping. I also think when a new member signs up they should not be allowed to post something in the classifieds untill they reach 20-25 posts or some sort of deal that they have to be around for certain amount of time untill they can post stuff for sale WAY to many newbies posting things up and not reading or following the set rules.

If I had the time I would volunteer to be a classifieds section mod but I have way to many other things on my plate, I have been here for quite awhile and I have sold alot of amps/decks and know how this section works and should be atleast in my opinion.

I just wish there was a way to get all of my feedback added to my feedback score since I have done a ton of selling before all that was added and most of those old threads are long gone after the initial site change. All I got is my Ref thread in my sig and a lot of folks usually have that turned off or do not pay attention to links in members signatures.

I like the changes you have going and how fast these pages load up is very nice compaired to what it was last year.
lulz, its obvious you are hinting out your experience/refs lol. "Can i be mod, pls?" jk

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

administrator

Administrator
Little man on campus
administrator
33 Thomas St.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies