***Important*** Vote on whether to split up Classifieds into sections and discuss

Why would you want to do something that would make this place better? Been making it worse for the last year or so, why change now? To keep with the norm, you should leave the classifieds alone and put MORE advertisements up.............................

Why would you want to do something that would make this place better? Been making it worse for the last year or so, why change now? To keep with the norm, you should leave the classifieds alone and put MORE advertisements up.............................
How about you start sending me some cash to pay the bills and we will talk? Posts like this is what makes this place the way it is and deters me from actually stepping in more and making changes for the better...

How about you start sending me some cash to pay the bills and we will talk? Posts like this is what makes this place the way it is and deters me from actually stepping in more and making changes for the better...
Put the option in to do so and see what happens. A few of us might surprise you..............................

A few members have suggested that we split up the main classifieds forum "this forum", into individual sections. This may or may not make it easier to navigate and help increase sales.
Example:

1) Head Units

2) Amplifiers

3) Subs & Speakers

4) Misc. Car Audio

5) Complete Systems
In other words model the forums like CACO? LOL

I for one would enjoy better navigation, it's quite hard to find a thread that isn't on the top of the list unless you remembered to subscribe to it (yea rookie mistake w/e)

I vote for sections

I like the idea and I am all for it, But you will need to get Moderators to cover this. Hopfully ones with lots of experence/references in the classifieds section who have been here for a couple of years and have kept a good standing repor with members and a level head and able to keep the thunderdome and classifieds seperate.

I have seen lot of senior members not sticking to the rules when posting an item forsale and or post dumping. I also think when a new member signs up they should not be allowed to post something in the classifieds untill they reach 20-25 posts or some sort of deal that they have to be around for certain amount of time untill they can post stuff for sale WAY to many newbies posting things up and not reading or following the set rules.

If I had the time I would volunteer to be a classifieds section mod but I have way to many other things on my plate, I have been here for quite awhile and I have sold alot of amps/decks and know how this section works and should be atleast in my opinion.

I just wish there was a way to get all of my feedback added to my feedback score since I have done a ton of selling before all that was added and most of those old threads are long gone after the initial site change. All I got is my Ref thread in my sig and a lot of folks usually have that turned off or do not pay attention to links in members signatures.

I like the changes you have going and how fast these pages load up is very nice compaired to what it was last year.

No discussion needed. Do it.

When im looking to buy a sub, nothings worse than going through pages and pages of amplifiers, headunits, wiring, batteries, etc etc....

It would be nice to have a for sale section like we do now, but have the option to filter out to certain areas.
If OP had to pick for example "Head Unit" and it would show up in the mass for sale section, but then if i could click on head units only, it would filter out every for sale thread the OP had picked "Head Unit" for his item. Probably not do-able. But it would be cool
This. When creating thread, select option. Then be able to view as a whole or to separate.

Put the option in to do so and see what happens. A few of us might surprise you..............................
No reply?

..........Regular Site=Free

Dome and ******NOT SAFE FOR WORK************ section =contribution

This site is a troll magnet because of the dome, cash in on it........kind of no-brainer.

No reply?

..........Regular Site=Free

Dome and ******NOT SAFE FOR WORK************ section =contribution

This site is a troll magnet because of the dome, cash in on it........kind of no-brainer.

I had to leave out for a while. Lets just work on getting the site back where it used to be. I think the decision is unanimous to split it up. Now to decide on the categories. I would say:

Head Units

Amps

Subs & Speakers

Misc Car Audio

Complete Systems or Package Deals or?

WTB/WTT - no change

Miscellaneous NON Car Audio - no change

another certain forum does it, and other than the fact their site is down more than its up, i do like the format very much. sometimes i look through these classifieds for a long time for something specific, and it was only last posted on 1 day ago. however, there is so much traffic on here, by that time its on page 5. if i could just look under 15 inch subwoofers, or some other category depending, it would certainly make the caraudio.com experience much more efficient.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

administrator

Administrator
Little man on campus
administrator
33 Thomas St.
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies