Imaging X-over Question

nosaj070
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Chicago, IL
I have my type x components with the tweet in the door panel next to the handle, and the mid in the stock location. Now my question is, why is it recomended to cross the tweets so high, like 6-8khz. I lose lots of stereo response because I can hear the right side much better because my legs aren't blocking it. The tweets really only play symbols and add a little definition to the vocals. Now i would just go and set it lower, but I have heard that technically that is the best settings for ultimate imaging. Thanks.

-Jason

It's a guidline, but not a rule. Generally speaking, crossing over the tweets below 4-5kHz, you sometimes run into separation issues Between the mid and the tweet.

Not to mention, several mid's can play into the 1kHz and above range. Taking the tweeters down to a lower frequency may also cause them to be greatly over-bearing and painful in some cases.

It largely depends on the response of your midwoofer, and it's frequency limitations.

Component position also has a lot to do with this issue.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.