Imaging Problems with door speakers and Kick Panels?

EBMusicMan

Hello all,

I just got my newest project (02 Chevy Silverado) and as usual the stereo comes into play. I have not decided on any speakers yet as I want to go out and hear them before they go in my truck. The thing is I want a lot of headroom so it stays clean even at louder volumes. With my last truck the issue I had was with the Upper mid range and high frequencies dropping off so I was thinking maybe with a big amp and two sets of speakers I could counteract that. Here is my question.

Would I have imaging or cancellation issues with doing something like this. Also is it even worth it? Would I be better off finding a set of components thats could handle the extra power to get my headroom? If I were to go to a single set of components up front is the imaging from kick panels worth it in a single cab truck? Thanks ahead of time for the help and sorry im so scattered. Havent built a system in a few years or more.

i have components in my doors and kicks (per my signature) and i love it. when i just had the doors, it souned good too but when i got really high on the volume my highs would take over my mids or the mids would distort trying to keep up. I added the 2nd set of comps and that extra midrange and midbass i wanted came out. sound deadening would def help either way too.

well You won't have much for cancellation, that shouldn't be an issue. doors and kicks usually sound pretty good, and like above stated will give you the midbass response to keep up with the rest of your system.

Thats exactly what I had hoped to hear. I dont have the intentions to run speakers in the B pillars. Do you guys recommend anything in the middle price range to try to hear? Unfortunately we dont really have any high end audio stores in my area and I think memphis is probably the best thing i have had the ability to hear. I do intend to amp everything and Memphis/hifonics type midrange stuff is what I usually tend to stick with. Thanks for all the help guys.

violin.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.