image dynamics XS-57 comp vids...

for one, reminds me of when i talked to my cousin from tennessee about car audio, exact same accent. not making fun, im just a "yankee" from ohio (what he calls me) so to me everyone has an accent haha

for two immediately i thought " what a dumbass, he couldnt wait to smoke in a 3 min vid" then you called yourself a dumbass. thought that was funny.

nice vid.

nice but God **** on the price http://www.woofersetc.com/p5713/XS57--Image-Dynamics-5x7"-2-Way-Component-System.htm

i think their priced pretty fair... image dynamics test their gear forever until they get it right. ask any id fan here.... it sux having to wait for new gear from them. when they finally do arrive, it was well worth the weight //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Thanks for the vid, even though I imagine they sound much different in real life lol.

Hoping to get a set myself this coming month //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Why did you opt for the 5x7 over the 6.5s?
why? wanted to do a simple install for my weekend warrior vehicle. expedition has stock 5X7 in the doors. really... i was just curious as to what a 5X7 component would sound like. i could've went the 6.5 route. also... eric at id said these have more midbass and output than the 6.5.

tomorrow i'll install them. see what these sound like in a car enviroment

why? wanted to do a simple install for my weekend warrior vehicle. expedition has stock 5X7 in the doors. really... i was just curious as to what a 5X7 component would sound like. i could've went the 6.5 route. also... eric at id said these have more midbass and output than the 6.5.
tomorrow i'll install them. see what these sound like in a car enviroment
I have a Ranger....did you use a mdf spacer or mount them straight in?

I have a Ranger....did you use a mdf spacer or mount them straight in?
these barely hit the window when rolled down. all you need is a piece of dynamat and your good to go. im gonna cut me out a 1/4 inch baffle. might just use a piece of dynamta extreme

these barely hit the window when rolled down. all you new need is a piece of dynamat and your good to go. im gonna cut me out a 1/4 inch baffle. might just use a piece of dynamta extreme
Did you have plenty of room before the door panel? I was thinking of using a .75 mdf baffle for a strong hold to the door....I feared the tweeter would protrude too much and hit the door panel.

generally speaking you get what you pay for. hell they sounded really good just on that youtube vid, i wonder what they sound like in person.
well considering that is was powered by a HT receiver which have way better sound quality than most any car receiver. you really can't make that type of comparison on sound quality.

well considering that is was powered by a HT receiver which have way better sound quality than most any car receiver. you really can't make that type of comparison on sound quality.

yeah... and mounted in a thin carboard box too. realisticly... these comps were only gettn between 60-70 watts rms from the amp. imagine what 225 watts of clean power will sound like! much better than a home audio reciever

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.