Image Dynamics help please...

jayhawker
10+ year member

I have a Kenwood KAC-X1R that is 600x1 at 4 ohms or 1200x1 at 2 ohms. I am going with the IDQ series (undecided on 10 or 12) but should I get the "d2" or "d4"? The box will be made to the smallest specs that the woofer needs to perform well in. I need what little trunk space I have (civic hybrid) and I have read the ID's don't need a lot of space to sound very nice in a sealed box. I am NOT looking for earth shattering bass, just clean and accurate. I listen to classic rock, and music from the 80's/90's; no rap/hip hop if that matters. Thanks in advance. Again, d2 or d4?

1200 would smoke a single IDQ in most applications, however if you want 2 in the future you will have the power available.
in which case you could series the coils of the second and then parallel at the amp for 2ohm total load:D

Thanks for the input guys. D2 it is. I am smart enough to know to keep the gain down on the amp and play with the sub control in the head unit in the event I feel the need for some louder bass.

Anyone know the cheapest place to get the IDQ12 V3 d2 from? I have searched thinking it would have numerous hits, but I was way wrong. Thanks in advance. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Got my IDQ from Woofersetc.com, they are authorized dealers so you get the full ID warranty. You will love the way this sub sounds, very clean and accurate.

I just want to say SORRY for asking such a stupid question. Is it even possible to explain what I could expect from going from 1^ sealed to 1.2^ ported?

Those are the specs from the ID website. I don't think the the extra .2^ will take up to much more space. I can't afford to wast money on building new boxes. The sub will be the IDQ12 V.3 D2. Just an FYI, there is a steal plate wall that protects the batteries (07 Civic Hybrid) if that matters in the trunk. The sub will be pointing towards the rear of trunk.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.