I'm starting over, so I need some advice

Participant count
  • Participant list

WarDrumz
10+ year member

Hebrew Israelite
I plan on selling my 2 Crystal CMPx2 15" subs, and then get another pair of subs. They're the best I've owned, but I wanna try something different.

I have 4 choices in mind. I don't know ALL the specs or recommendations for these subs. My setup will be SEALED. I'll tell you my choices, then I'll tell you my power and space limitations.

2 15" subs:

1) Resonant Engineering XXX 15's

2) Elemental Designs A series 15's

3) Stereo Integrity Magnum D2 15's

4) Adire Audio Brahma 15's

Power: 1500wrms

Space: upto 2.3 internal cu.ft. per sub (b4 displacement).

I haven't listened to any of those subs, but from a lot of reviews and post reading I think they'll sound good.

I listen to Hip-Hop and R&B. I am after the best Sound Quality (SQ) I can get.

Please help me out.

Thanx

Man, the is kind of a rhetorical question, the brahma and the XXX have the xbl2 tech so they are going to have better SQ then the others, havent had the oppurtunity to listen to the SI, or the ED but they are both highly regarded on this forum. I personally would get the XXX because of RE's excellent customer service and they can handle gobs of power. Im sure you will get many opinions and insights on all of these drivers though.

Thanx.

I wouldn't mind the XXX 15's either. But do you think my setup has enough space and power? I'm kinda leaning to ED A series too.

It's still a toss up as of now though.

when you say 2.3 cubes do you mean sealed? and is your 1500 watt rms a piece or for both? (750 a piece?) if it's 750 a piece i would recommend the ed a or the magnum. the re xxx can take a lot more than 750 watts even more than 1500. the ed a and the magnum don't need as much to get going as the re xxx. if this is gonna be a ported box 2.3 cubes seems a little small.

2.3 per sub SEALED.

And yeah, I went to SI's site and saw the D2 specs. Man, that is almost exactly what I'm looking for.

I'll have enough power and space. But has anyone actually heard them? Those 2 things are VERY important, but I have no clue or input on how they sound, and like I said I want all-out SQ. 2 15's will be plenty loud anyway.

1500w is going to be great for the XXX, I would think 2.3-2.5cubes would be ideal for a sealed enclosure. I could be wrong, and if I am I think ill get corrected. I cant say enough about the XXX customer service (and they the recones for my inhuman 15's)

1500w is going to be great for the XXX, I would think 2.3-2.5cubes would be ideal for a sealed enclosure. I could be wrong, and if I am I think ill get corrected. I cant say enough about the XXX customer service (and they the recones for my inhuman 15's)
i think he wants two subs and from what i hear on the forums you won't be disappointed from the magnums. also try ed's b3 15 which is similar to a. i run 2 b2's and at first i was very disappointed but has i improved my install they sounded a lot better. i have my 2 b2 12's sealed powered by a pg tantrum 1200.1 and they get decently loud but are tight and accurate. my electrical system needs major improvement so i really haven't been able to crank them yet but they are good sq subs and with what i have so far have been loud. the b's are selling quick though ed has already sold out of the b2 12's and b3 12's and only have the b3 15's left.

Oops. When I said 1500wrms, I meant TOTAL. Not each. Welp, that should help narrow it down,lol.

Now I think it's between ED and SI.

Man, the is kind of a rhetorical question, the brahma and the XXX have the xbl2 tech so they are going to have better SQ then the others,
Just because they have the XBL2 technology, they automatically sound better than the other woofers listed? Don't know how you can come to that conclusion.

Oh well, sound quality is a subjective thing anyways.

Any of the drivers you listed will offer you nice sound quality if set up properly, in my opinion.

I assume that is 1500 RMS / 2 ... so 750 RMS per driver ?

EDIT ~ Just seen you snuck in your above post --- in that case, I'd be tempted to go SI.

- Steve

i think he wants two subs and from what i hear on the forums you won't be disappointed from the magnums. also try ed's b3 15 which is similar to a. i run 2 b2's and at first i was very disappointed but has i improved my install they sounded a lot better. i have my 2 b2 12's sealed powered by a pg tantrum 1200.1 and they get decently loud but are tight and accurate. my electrical system needs major improvement so i really haven't been able to crank them yet but they are good sq subs and with what i have so far have been loud. the b's are selling quick though ed has already sold out of the b2 12's and b3 12's and only have the b3 15's left.
HA,lol. My electrical system is kinda shabby too. I just have an extra 800amp HC Power battery in the trunk. Ima have to get a stronger alternator shortly.

I assume that is 1500 RMS / 2 ... so 750 RMS per driver ?

EDIT ~ Just seen you snuck in your above post --- in that case, I'd be tempted to go SI.

- Steve
Thanx steve. Yep, SI is looking like the clear favorite given my circumstances. I think I'll go SI, but for some reason The ED A series keeps lingering in my head,hmmmm.

Thanx steve. Yep, SI is looking like the clear favorite given my circumstances. I think I'll go SI, but for some reason The ED A series keeps lingering in my head,hmmmm.
Just wondering, but why ? What do you like about them ? I'm not trying to get you away from them, but I'm just wondering what is keeping them floating around in your head.

They're right up there, and either choice would be wise in my opinion.

- Steve //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

bang your head against the wall it will go away, but on a much serious note i urge you to go out and buy a b3 subwoofer. you must fall to peer pressure so buy one now. ah do whatever the hell you want. the magnums will be a nice woofer. i'm drooling on my keyboard thinking of 2 15" magnums with 750 rms in a nice sealed box. by they way for shits and giggles what amp are you using?

Steve: Well, it's just the flat cone I guess. Just looks kinda sexy,lol. But, my subs will be in my trunk, so looks won't matter even remotely. And I appreciate your advice. I am going with the Magnum 15's. Thanx.

IceTB: A Hifonics BX1500D. And yes, I know, that is at 1ohm and I'll need it at 2ohms for the subs listed. I'll probably sell it soon too. Just got it 2 weeks ago,lol.

Steve: Well, it's just the flat cone I guess. Just looks kinda sexy,lol. But, my subs will be in my trunk, so looks won't matter even remotely. And I appreciate your advice. I am going with the Magnum 15's. Thanx.
Yeah, the flat cone does look pretty sexy to most people //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I think you made a wise choice.

Now onto the amp //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.